Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Cyclist

Hello everyone, a rather sheepish Fliss here with a somewhat late contribution for the challenge this week over at Make My Monday (in my case known as late Tuesday hee hee) which has the theme of Sports chosen by Sue.
I had a bit of a struggle with this as I couldn't think what to do due to not having much in my stash that would fit the theme. I chose the vintage lady cyclist from Lost Coast Designs as I think she fits in rather well with all the cycling events which have been going on lately. Hope you like her too.


I stamped her on Inkylicious silk art card with Archival Coffee ink and coloured her with Promarkers before trimming her to a rectangular panel. I added a red mat made from a file divider (Tesco have a big pack in lovely muted colours at a bargain price and perfect for cardmaking).
I made the background paper with a piece of watercolour paper torn from a pad which I trimmed to fit my 5x7 kraft card blank. I coloured it with Pan Pastels - red, yellow and blue tints, magenta and orange shade. I then stamped on Kaisercraft Arty and Wood Panel with Adirondack Aqua ink.
I assembled the card as you see, adding computer generated text which I coloured lightly with the Pan Pastel colours remaining on the applicators.

Hope you're all having a good week and will see you again soon.
Hugs, Fliss xx

8 comments:

Sue - said...

This is great Fliss!

Joan said...

Love it Fliss, great use of the stamp and I like your wording

brenda said...

Playing catch up after hols and just checking out your latest makes Fliss, lovely shares as always.

B x

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh just love this hun love the stamp and wording hugs cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

The file folder creates a great edge (you are so clever!) and as for the lady, she is beautifully coloured.
A very elegant card.
Wishes
Lynne

Sally H said...

A beautiful card, Fliss! Love the background you made - gorgeous!

Joan said...

I love your card and the coloring with the Pan Pastels! Just beautiful!!

Marina said...

Great interpretation of the theme and a lovely card.