Friday 5 September 2014

Girl Power!

Hello again and welcome to today's second post which is to tell you about our new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge blog which has the theme of GIRL POWER!
For my inspiration I decided on an British heroine who, to me, is the epitome of girl power - Boadicea and I couldn't resist the stamp set by IndigoBlu when it came out. I hope you like what I've created.


For my background paper, I've used my mini 3x5 gelli plate as although it's fab for smaller projects, as you see from my card above, you can make larger pieces of decorated paper too!
I used paint in 3 shades of pink from light to dark and after applying the paint, laid on the sequin waste style stencil that came with an NK Studio stamp set by Stampendous. I repeated this until my card was covered, pressing areas into the paint left on the plate for a very grungy look. I then used the stencil to add some darker detail with VersaMagic pink grapefruit ink. I distressed the edges with an emery board before adding it to my card blank.
I stamped the Boadicea image with Archival Watering Can ink on smooth cartridge paper and painted her with Aquamarkers. I then trimmed the image to a panel, cutting round the celtic element at the top. I stamped some of the flowers from the border design in the stamp set with the same ink and painted those with Aquamarkers before cutting them out.
I stamped the circular text and my favourite Kaisercraft butterfly with the grey ink and painted those as well before cutting out the butterfly and die cutting the text. I then assembled the rest of the card as you see.

I used:
Gelli Art Printing Plate - 3x5
IndigoBlu Unmounted Stamp Set - Boadicea
Stampendous NK Studio Cling Mount Set -Wired
Kaisercraft Single Clear Stamp - Butterflies
Archival Wendy Vecchi Ink - Watering Can
Aquamarkers
Paint Brushes - such as this Ranger Set

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Fliss xx

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this creation, I really want to try my gelli plate just waiting on some of the gelli papers to arrive...soon I hope as each time I see something like this I just love to give it a go.xx

♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Brenda Brown said...

Love the card, colours and gorgeous image Fliss, what a great lady to use.
Enjoy the weekend.
hugs Brenda xxx

brenda said...

This is just lovely Fliss, perfect for the theme.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Deborah said...

Boudicca knocks Scary Spice and co into a cocked hat LOL. I like the soft pretty colours - such a juxtaposition but it works.

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh just love this to bits great image hun hugs cheryl xxx