Monday 13 April 2015

April Showers

Hello all, I'm back from my trip to Kent last week and had a great time with lovely sunny weather. I also managed to acquire some vintage cabinet cards in Broadstairs and a lovely songbird illustration book in a charity shop in Margate, very happy additions to my vintage crafty stash too.
There will be some photos to share as well when I've had a chance to go through what I took and hopefully find some good ones!
We have a new challenge for you today over at Make My Monday and the theme this week chosen by Marina is April Showers - not something I really want at the moment!


I've chosen to ink up one of my favourite Viva Las Vegastamps for my card as she's such a cute and quirky image. I stamped her on smooth white stamping card and added the sentiment to the side of her. I coloured her with pencils and hand drew a puddle under her feet with a fine black pen, adding a little pencil colour.
I then stencilled the edges of a white square card blank with a Crafters Workshop mini tiny dot stencil using Worn Lipstick and Stormy Sky Distress inks. The ones going down the card remind me of rain drops which I think fit quite well with the image.
I added the main panel to pink and blue mats before adding to the tent fold card to finish.

Have a great day and a good week.
Fliss x

6 comments:

Suzi B said...

What a gorgeous, saucy image, and a great sentiment. The background works brilliantly! In fact I love it all.
Suzi B xx

Joan said...

Love,love, love your card Fliss, what a fabulous stamp and wording.

Joan

Joan said...

Fantastic card!! Love the stenciled dots and the fun image!!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Beautiful card Fliss,not seen that stamp before,it's fab.
Sounds like you had a lovely time and I'm intrigued at the sound of the wonderful vintage pieces you bought :)
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Marina said...

I love that cute and quirky image - great use of space and I love your hand drawn puddle.

Deborah said...

Such a cool stamp - and I would never have known the puddle wasn't part of it. Let's hope the showers stay confined to the challenge - it's certainly going to be warm and sunny today.