Friday 22 January 2016

Artist Trading Cards At That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge today over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog which has the theme this time of ATCs.
Who doesn't love those little creations which can be created so quickly and I really enjoyed making mine as it gave me the excuse to let my crazy birds out to play again!


Aren't they just adorable!

I've used 2 of the fab That's Crafty Surfaces MDF ATC blanks for my creations. I coloured the background by applying yellow and green fluid acrylic paints to my 3x5 Gelli plate and then pressed the atcs on to pick up the colour. For this technique, I didn't even have to use Gesso!

I then used 3 different That's Crafty Dinky stencils with red, magenta and black fluid acrylics to apply a pattern on the painted backgrounds. I knocked the colour back a little with white Gesso as it was rather bright! I stamped a butterfly pattern on one of the atcs in the spaces remaining.

I stamped my 2 favourite crazy birds on smooth card with black Archival ink and coloured them with watercolour pencils. I then used the matching dies to cut the images out. I glued them onto backgrounds and used a grey pencil to add definition round the outside of the birds.

I added black around the edges of one and finished off with some Chit Chat stickers.

I used:
Deco Art Fluid Acrylics - Carbon Black, Yellow Green Light, Hansa Yellow Medium, Pyrrole Red, Quinacridone Magenta.
Thats's Crafty Dinky Stencils -Circles Background, Chequerboard Background, Diamond Circles Background
Tim Holtz Bird Crazy Stamp Set and matching Sizzix Die Set
Watercolour Pencils

There's a fab prize if you enter with a voucher for the online shop up for grabs for the randomly drawn winner so do enter if you can.



6 comments:

brenda said...

They certainly are adorable Fliss and great interest on yoru STC's. The birds have been on my wish list a while but never quite got round to buying them, I did however have to order Pop Pop Poppy which you used last week.

B x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Love these Fliss,the backgrounds look almost 3D
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Donna xxx

Amanda said...

Great crazy bird ATC's love your backgrounds
Love
Amanda x

Mrs.B said...

Love the background for these crazy birds.
Avril xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Fabulous Fliss love how you have used the birds great make xx

Words and Pictures said...

I just love these, Fliss - those birds are perfect for a fun ATC.
Alison x