Friday 8 January 2016

Winter But Not Christmas!

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog where we would like to see your creations on the theme of Winter but definitely not Christmas! So it's time to get frosty!

I've taken this opportunity to ink up my newest cute stamp which is the adorable Katzelcraft grumpy penguins.


I've used a white/greyboard postcard as my starting point as these are really fab if you haven't got much crafting time available.

I applied some Paper Artsy Fresco Finish acrylic paint in Lavender and Vintage Lace, using my fingers which is rather messy but gives a soft grungy effect.


I then used the That's Crafty snowflake dinky stencil with the Ranger Emboss-It Dabber to make a pattern around the edges of the painted panel and heat embossed it with Ranger Weathered White Embossing Powder. I added some more embossing round the edges for an extra snowy look.

I stamped the penguins on stamping card with Archival Jet Black ink and added colour to the images with watercolour pencils. I then cut them out and rounded them out with a large embossing tool before adding to the panel with foam tape.

I finished off with a stamped sentiment, adding the exclamation mark with a fine black pen as I was trying for a little sarcasm to go with the general grumpiness!

Hope you can enter and the prize for the randomly drawn winner is a £20 voucher for the online shop.

Have a great day and a lovely weekend and see you next week.

Fliss xx

10 comments:

brenda said...

What a gorgeous trio of Penegin's Fliss, hope the weekend gives you a bit of respite from the mad week you've had.

B x

junemac2 said...

Love them cute and funny and love your card using them.,

Fiona said...

Love this Fliss, they look thoroughly cheesed off.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Grumpy penguins are the best,they always look like how I feel ha ha
Hugs
Donna xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh how I love those penguins - and the snowy setting you've given them is lovely.
Alison xx

Jane Royston said...

Those penguins are fab! Love the background too, great colours x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card! Hugs, Valerie

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super cool card Fliss, it's so fun and has beautiful background.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Unknown said...

Hi Fliss I have tried to find the grump penguin stamp to buy on the internet, but all I keep finding is pictures of them.! Do you know where I can purchase the stamp from please? Many thanks.

Fliss said...

Hello Di, tried to find out if you had a blog so I could let you know but only found Google+ which i don't do.
The stamps are Katzelcraft and can be purchased from That's Crafty - there's a link on my sidebar and they're currently in stock as I checked.
Hope you see this.
Fliss x