Friday 25 November 2016

All Grunged Up at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Oops! Guess who forgot to schedule their challenge post for the new one today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog!
The new one for the next 2 weeks is to get All Grungy which I loved as it's a favourite thing of mine to do. I decided on a tag this time on one of the fab MDF tags from That's Crafty! surfaces range and hope you like what I did.


I first brayered white gesso on the tag and when dry, used the That's Crafty! Bubble Wrap Dinky Stencil with texture paste to add rough detail in opposite corners. I didn't do it carefully in keeping with the grunge theme.
I then roughly applied turquoise, green and yellows acrylic paints in sort of smeared verticaal stripes over the surface, repeating until I was happy with the effect. I next dabbed yellow and orange paint over the raised texture paste patter.
When the paint was completely dry, I stamped the Visible Image text on with Archival Watering Can ink and also added a little stencilling with the same ink using the Diamond Circles Dinky Stencil.
I stamped the Carabelle Studio butterflies on thick cartridge paper with Archival Jet Black ink and painted them with Fossilised Amber Distress ink. I added the cut out images to the tag to finish.

There's a great prize just for entering so do give it a go if you can - there's some amazing new goodies in the online shop so you'll be spoilt for choice.

Have a lovely weekend,
Fliss xx

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great tag! Hugs, Valerie

Moira said...

Looks like you had a fun time with this tag its fab

Amanda said...

Fabulous! Grungy happy on a tag.
Love
Amanda x

Nikki Acton said...

Oh fab Fliss! Grungy and happy at the same time - cheered me up on this Friday evening xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Nikki has described it perfectly Fliss.....grungy and happy,perfection!
Hugs
Donna xx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely happy tag - feels like spring (though I know the real spring is a long way off!). Thank you for stopping by - so sorry to hear about your eyes. I do hope they'll be able to sort you out and make 2017 a better year all round!
Alison x