Wednesday 23 November 2016

Note to self

Hello everyone, today I have an art journal page to share that is the first thing in an absolute age that I've been able to create just because I wanted to - yippee! Or not yippee as in fact the reason I did this particular page is that as some of you already know via Facebook is that last Saturday I was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes so I'm feeling rather miserable at the moment, even though everyone says it's easy to fix the problem (it doesn't stop me worrying about the actual "procedure" as it's called).

I decided to try and cheer myself up a little by creating some art and what better place to do that than my art journal!


This is a very inky layered page and I'll show a couple of the steps so that you can see how the page came together.


I began by sponging the page with Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilised Amber Distress inks and then used the Visible Image Universal clear stamp set with Fossilised Amber, Picked Raspberry and Iced Spruce Distress inks to add a circular pattern all over the inked surface.
When this was dry, i dry brushed some white gesso over the top to tone it down a little and blur the pattern a bit.


I then took a couple of Carabelle Studio mini stamps - Chevrons and Abc, stamping the chevron pattern with Ranger Wild Orchid Dye ink and the paperclip image with Watering Can Archival ink. These went all over, stamping some images twice before re-inking until I was happy with the effect.

I then stamped 3 butterflies (Carabelle Studio) on cartridge paper with Jet Black Archival ink and painted them with Picked Raspberry and Ripe Persimmon Distress inks. I cut these out and added them on the left side of the page.

To finish, I stamped the Kaisercraft text (Way of Life) on black card with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with white detail powder. I then cut the words up and glued them to the page.

Hope you like my page and I'll be back soon with some rather exciting That's Crafty! news.
Fliss xx

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page. Sorry about the cataracts, it is not a big OP, much less worse than a visit to the dentist. I have had 17 eye Ops all together, for other problems, and can still see well. Hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Beautiful journal page Fliss, a perfect cheery feeling. I'm sure you'll be fine but of course you're worried,only natural of course
Hugs
Donna xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page, very cheery Fliss!
Wishing you a speedy recovery from the op, hope all goes well.
Alison xxx