Saturday 29 April 2017

Just Because

Hello everyone, hope you're have a good start to the Bank Holiday weekend. I've managed to fit in a bit of crafting after the supermarket trip and a trip to town with my Sarah who's home for the weekend.
It's something that was a bit of an experiment and I'm not quite sure about it! I wanted to do something for the Rubber Dance second April challenge which is to use Black and White with One Colour and I picked green with my beloved Crushed Olive Distress ink which is one of my favourite shades.


I made the paper, which is actually foreground rather than background due to my experiment, by pressing the Distress inkpad repeatedly on a square of white card to make a sort of grungy criss cross design.
I glued this onto a mat of black card leaving a narrow border all round. Then came my experiment as I tried stamping the asters from the Antique Botanicals stamp set on white card and die cutting into a shape before adding to the card. It didn't quite work as I wanted so instead I die cut a shape out of the inked paper attached to the mat.
I placed this on my white card blank and marked the top and sides of the cut out with a pencil dot, then stamped the asters directly on the card blank.
I added a little more green using a Crushed Olive Distress marker on the leaves and flowers then finished off the card with a Tim Holtz sticker (as an aside, my hubby came in when I was adding the sticker, looked and the book and said it must have been very time consuming cutting out all the stickers - he thought I did it!!!).

You'll have to let me know what you think as I'm still rather iffy about it.

 

I want to say thank you so much here to Bibi for my prize from the recent blog hop which arrived a couple of days ago and I've only just had time to say this. I'm thrilled with the stamps and Bibi has generously included some more stamps as well - thank you sooo much and I hope to play with them very soon xx


I'm linking this up to the current Rubber Dance Challenge in the nick of time I think as the challenge ends tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Fliss xx

4 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Hi Fliss! So nice to see that you received the stamp price in time to join our challenge! I love your card, no need to be iffy about it at all. Very cool effect with the ink pad to make the criss cross! Crushed Olive is one of my faves, too, and I think the flowers look really nice with that colour. Thank you so much for using one of our stamps and joining our Black & White + One colour challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

ionabunny said...

Great foreground. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Susanne Rose said...

Very pretty card!!! Have fun with your new stamps! Thank you for joining us over at Rubber Dance. Hugs, Susanne.

Mahalya sree said...

This information really worth saying, i think you are master of the content and thank you so much sharing that valuable information and get new skills after refer that post.
Restaurant Interior Designers in Chennai
Turnkey Interiors in Chennai
Corporate Office Interiors in Chennai