Tuesday 20 October 2009

Bonjour! Delightful Sketches Challenge 9

Well it's now time for Sketch 9 challenge over at Delightful Sketches and this is my take on the sketch. It's a little different as you know I like doing arty style projects rather than cute. I've chosen another favourite Paper Artsy stamp Winter Wonderland Plate 6 and have combined it with a Parisien theme.

I inked some white card with Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress inks, cut it in half and stamped each one with Hero Arts Old French Writing in the Vintage Photo ink. I then stamped B Line Designs Eiffel Tower on one with some Fleur de Lys from a clear set by All Night Media and the other with stamps from the same clear set.
I stamped the woman image on white card in Vintage Sepia VersaFine ink and coloured her by sponging with Distress inks in Peeled Paint, Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo. I used watercolour pencils to tint her face. I cut her into an oval shape and inked the edges with brown ink.
I stuck the French themed panels to a square caramel mottled card blank and added the oval image panel with foam tape. I finished the card with a Prima flower with a jewelled brad centre and a greeting stamped in brown ink and inked a little with toning colours. Finally, I added a Laura Ashley Traditional clear bar sticker, cut in half and stuck on each side panel.

9 comments:

csroyal said...

This is great, Fliss! I love your artsy take! Good to see you again at Delightful Sketches!

Cindy

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

This is a great look, Fliss. Clever colouring.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Anne said...

Fantastic Fliss, your an inspiration to us
Thanks for playing along this week with us on DS
Anne x

cheryl said...

this is just brilliant as always hun love it to bits love cheryl xxxxxxx

Lisa Foster said...

Fantastic card! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!
Hugs,
Lisa

Wendy Hall said...

Fliss this is just fabby!! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous Fliss, thanks for joining us again at Delightful Sketches!!
hugs,
Rachel

Julie said...

Brilliant card Fliss, love your background. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches again.
Julie x

dstandard said...

Beautiful card!