Sunday 4 October 2009

Best Friends Ready Steady Stamp Challenge

I found out about the Ready Steady Stamp Challenge via Sue Roddis's blog and felt I just had to enter as I bought some more of Tim Holtz's gorgeous masks at Ally Pally last weekend.
For the challenge, you have to use 5 ingredients:
The letter B
Colours pink, white and grey
Brackets
Masks in the background
Corrugated card
This helped take my mind off the unwanted thing brought back last weekend, a nasty cold, and stopped me feeling sorry for myself lol!
 
The background paper on the card is white card on which I arranged the masks from the Floret mini set. I then sponged pink acrylic ink over the masks which covered one side of the card, removed them and repeated this on the other half. When it was dry, I sponged on a little charcoal grey and metallic rose acrylic paint for an antiqued look. I trimmed the right hand edge with scallop scissors.
I painted a rectangle of corrugated card with deep pink acrylic paint and then dry brushed on white, charcoal grey and metallic pink paints.
I stamped the little girls image (CI-084 by Crafty Individuals) on pink marbled card with VersaFine Smokey Gray ink and trimmed close to the image. I cut a piece of white corded card larger than the image and embossed the left hand side with the largest border from the Cuttlebug Frills set. I then trimmed the left edge with scallop scissors. I stuck the image on as shown.
I improvised my bracket using part of the Ornamental Dies 37-1509 for the Cuttlebug and grey card. The saying is part of a stamp by Paperbag Studios PBS-009-E and is stamped in the grey VersaFine ink and just the phrases cut out.
I assembled the card as shown on a grey recycled newsprint square card I made and added a Dymo printed word under the image, one of my treasured Hero Arts fabric printed flowers (don't really want to use these-just want to keep them and look at them lol) and some flat backed grey pearls from Kanban.

11 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

Oh I'm glad you played with us. Your card is luuuuurvely
Hope you play again soon.
take care
isa

Chris Arlington said...

So pretty, I love your style
Chris xo

cheryl said...

oh this is gorgoues hun love that stamp love cheryl xxx

Tanya said...

Just love it!!!!!

Willy said...

Beautiful and lovely card!

Femmy said...

fabulous card!!!

Trish said...

Stunning card!

kiki said...

wow ! fabulous card !
kiki :)

Angelnorth said...

Lovely card! The pink corrugated card looks fab and the sentiment is perfect!

100drine said...

Très jolie carte

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Fliss, and one of my fave CI stamps! x