Thursday 29 October 2009

News and a 21st Card

I had some really great news this morning from Alison at Play Date Cafe to say that my Italia altered art piece has gained a Fab 4 honour in the first challenge. I'm thrilled to bits with this and it really has made my day.
This is to add to the great news from yesterday that I could take an honour from Sophisticat Challenge Blog as making the Top 3. Thanks Lisa!
2 in one week-how great is that!
It's also my niece Hannah's 21st Birthday today-she's my sister's youngest. This is the card I've made for her and I hope she likes it.


My stamped background papers were made using my favourite Hobby Art flourish stamp and I've stamped the same flourish in pink on my white paper flower.
The other flower was painted pink (it started off white) and glittered when dry. I added ribbon and a stamped sentiment and numbers on contrasting card (both Hero Arts). I brushed acrylic paint on a textured button for the flower centre.
I've also decided to enter this one in the latest Incy Wincy Designs challenge as it's to use your favourite embellishments. Mine have to be paper flowers and buttons, especially if they can be altered to match your project with ink, paint or stamping.

4 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

This is gorgeous :) I am sure she will love it :)

Thank you for joining in at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Good Luck :)

June said...

Thats really pretty fliss. pop by my blog and see the card i made today as your stamps arrived this morning :)
hugs June xxx

Deborah said...

Congrats on your fab 4 honour, Fliss. (I thought the Beatles were the fab 4 :-). And what a gorgeous card!

Spyder said...

Well done on being top 4 and top 3! Love the centre of the flower too.
Lovely card
(Lyn)