Saturday 24 October 2009

Partridge In A Pear Tree 12 Days of Christmas

The latest Sunday Challenge at UK Stampers is to make a little 10cm square booklet with a page per week covering the 12 Days of Christmas. It doesn't actually have to be Christmas as long as it takes inspiration from the song lyrics. Mine is on a Christmas theme as that is more of a challenge to me although I have a rather fat bird instead of an actual partridge lol.
I think this also covers the first challenge at Creative Craft Challenges with the theme of "the first" as it's the first day of Christmas so this will be my entry for that too.

To make the page I cut the 10cm square of strong white card and inked it with Scattered Straw Distress ink. I then stamped on Paper Artsy MN39 in Vintage Sepia ink on the left side and the tree from Papermania 001223 in the same ink at the bottom right.
I then sponged on more colour using Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress inks. I stamped the bird (Inkadinkado Birds Galore 97625) in the Sepia ink and cut it out. I stamped the number from a Hero Arts set in the same ink and cut it out, inking with a little Scattered Straw.
The pears came from my bits box and I just sponged on a little more colour. I printed the text on the computer, cut the words out and inked them. I then assembled the page as shown, adding jewels to the tree.

6 comments:

Robin said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors you used and that's a great idea to do a 12 days of Christmas book!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

I LUUUURRRRVVVEEE this!! Love the colours you've used and the multiple stamping. Sheesh! MORE stamps for my wishlist!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Deborah said...

Wow, Fliss! Absolutely gorgeous! Hope to see the rest of the book on your blog. I've just bought some Inkadinkadoo stamps - a halloween set and some snakeskin patterns. They have some fab designs.

Fiona said...

Love your page Fliss-very creative and such great colours.
Fiona x

cheryl said...

totally love this hun love the colurs you have used love cheryl xx

Anonymous said...

love your card it is wonderful thank you for taking part in our first challenge at creative craft challenges