Saturday 31 October 2009

Pretty In Pink (And Brown)

This is my card for Challenge 8 over at Sophisticat Challenges and the theme of pink and brown plus flowers was set by new DT member Avril Ann.

All the stamps used here are by Hobby Art.
The pink background paper was created by stamped a flourish all over pink card in coffee ink and then embossing it with the Cuttlebug Victoria folder. I then inked it with slightly deeper pink ink to make the embossing pop out. I trimmed the top edge with scallop scissors.
I stamped the floral image on pink card and coloured it with Prisma pencils. I trimmed it to a square, rounded the corners and mounted it on several layers of card in coffee, deeper pink and cream.
I embossed a piece of coffee card with the same Cuttlebug folder and trimmed the lower edge with scallop scissors.
The card is finished with lots of little details-a stamped butterfly, glitter ribbon, pearls and a greeting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fliss this is beautiful and thanks for the mention, I am so glad that you played along with us at Sophisticat this week, come back next week, Please...Hugs Avril xxxx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is so beatuiful love the layout thanks for joining us at sophisticats this week hope to see you again soon love cheryl xxxxx

Karen said...

Gorjus gorjus card Fliss. Love the images. Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats and I hope you join in again soon.

Love Karen x

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card, really pretty. Thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week

Jan x