Sunday 18 October 2009

Spook Sisters Papertake Weekly Challenge

This week's challenge over at Papertake Weekly is "The Dark Side" so I decided to go really Gothic with mine and use a favourite Paper Artsy stamp which I own because my elder daughter is in a black phase at the moment.

I inked a piece of card with VersaMagic inks in Persimmon, Mango Madness and Red Magic and stamped the girl collage with black ink. I stamped the text from another Paper Artsy set round the edges, gradually fading the ink out. I added black letter stickers to spell spooky and inked the edges in black.
I stuck the image to a black panel, wider on the right hand side and embossed with the dots border from the Cuttlebug With Love borders set. I added tiny gunmetal pearls and a further inked and stamped text panel. I stuck this on to a grey newsprint card blank.

7 comments:

cheryl said...

oh sweetie this is briliant what a great stamp that is love it thanks for the kind birthday wishes hugs cheryl xx

Liz said...

Love this great card

Lizx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Fliss
Love the card - great colours and a fabulous stamp.
Hope you've had a great weekend.
Love, Sylvia xx
PS: Haven't forgotten about using my beautiful new stamps - I am aiming for next week!

Deborah said...

Great stamp, Fliss, and I love how you have used it.

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Brilliant! I wouldn't dare attempt anything like this, but I do admire it very much! I'm just chicken! lol ;o)

Hugs,
Chris xx

Jill said...

stunning card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Rose said...

Great card Fliss, the stamp and the inking go so well together, a lovely contrast.

Love, Rose xx