Friday 19 March 2010

Laugh-Sunday Stampers Bits and Pieces Challenge

Hello from a very wet Sussex afternoon as it's raining hard at the moment.
I'm here with my entry for this week's challenge over at Sunday Stampers set by the lovely Hels Sheridan and the challenge theme is Bits and Pieces (probably showing my age now but I'm singing it in my head lol).
This gave me the chance to get out my bits and pieces box of the leftovers from my many experimental techniques over the last 12 years since I started stamping (yes, I have been doing it that long so you can tell I'm addicted!) and here's what I made with them. There's also a photo of all the bits in progress so you can see it really is a bits project.
I decided to make a piece of wall art and used a piece of mountboard 20cm square as the base.
My bits and pieces are made by loads of different techniques including stamping, embossing, direct to paper inking, painting, distressing, metallic marker marbling and the most unique which was accidental as I discovered when playing with Stewart Gill paints, which remain tacky for quite a while, that you could add foil to it without using glue. This gives a really opulent effect.
I chose bits in my favourite shades of purple, turquoise and green with copper for added interest and just let the creating go with the flow-the best way to do things really!
When I was happy with the arrangement, I glued all the pieces on and added a complete contrast with some monchromatic stamping. I made a panel on thick card with my favourite Paper Bag Studios Laugh stamp which I triple embossed with clear powder. I then stamped up a lot of the little images from the Inkadinkado Girl Stuff 98777 inchie clear stamp set. I cut these up and glued some at random on my decorated square along with the embossed panel and a couple of multi colour embossed leaves from the bits box that went with my colour scheme perfectly.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

wow hun this is just stunning so creative love it so much adore the colours do not worry hun I was singing,the song too hugs cheryl xxxx

Claire Phillips said...

Love this Fliss - the colours are so vibrant - fantastic! Cheers Claire x

Liz said...

oh Flis oh me oh my thats lovely what a treasure great beatiful colours too

liz xx

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collage, & great way to use those 'bits & pieces' we all have Fliss! Nice & sunny here in Kent too, just had a lovely pub lunch with some friends! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Alison xx