Friday 5 March 2010

Polka Doodles Wings Challenge

Morning everyone, it's Friday again (don't know where the time goes at the moment!) so it's time for another Polka Doodles challenge. This week's challenge has been set by Brenda and the theme is WINGS plus she would like to see some stamping on your creations.
I decided to use part of the Heritage Collection from the Back to Nature CD which has the most beautiful pastel shades.
I printed the gorgeous butterfly stampie on to lilac card and cut it out leaving a narrow border. If you leave a border it will give a lot of stability to the narrower parts of the design as this butterfly is very flourishy. I decorated the image with gunmetal pearls.
I covered a square card blank with a piece of pretty matching butterfly themed paper. I then stamped a white strip of card with one of the dotty flourishes from the Polka Doodles Daisy Doodles stamp set in VersaColor lilac ink. I inked the edges with the same ink.
I made a conrasting border with black paper, trimmed with the Martha Stewart Dot Scallop edge punch and stuck this to the decorated card blank. I then stuck the flourish strip in the centre.
To finish, I added the butterfly using foam tape and a sentiment from the Daisy Doodles set stamped on lilac card.
Be sure to look at the other DT members blogs, there is a list on my sidebar, for more examples and more especially as we have 2 new DT members from this week, Dee and Stacey, and you'll find their blogs listed too. Do pay them a visit to see their gorgeous creations.
Fliss xx

10 comments:

Fiona said...

Stunning card Fliss. Love that pastel butterfly paper, so pretty.
Glad to hear the washing machine is ok.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Fiona x

Nettie said...

Stunning card Fliss. I love the black edging on this one.x

brenda said...

Hi Fliss

Just stunning. I adore this section of the BTN DC, the wings of course but the colours are just beautiful.

B x

Sally H said...

Such delicate colours and so elegant. I love it!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Stunning Fliss...Very elegant...Krista

Stacey said...

What a beautifil card, The butterfly is stunning and I love the colours x x x

Claire Phillips said...

Lovely card - such beautiful colours! x

cheryl said...

oh fliss hun this is just stunning adore butterflies and this is so beautiful hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Isabelle Norris said...

Beautiful card!! love that elegant butterfly
isa xx

June said...

Gorgeous work on this one Fliss so beautifully made
hugs June xxxx