Friday 26 March 2010

Polka Doodles Sketch and Colour Theme Challenge

Good morning everyone, hope it's bright and sunny where you are as I woke up to it this morning after a mixed day yesterday. As it's Friday, we have another great challenge for you over at Polka Doodles and our host for this week is Nettie. She has given us a fabulous sketch and would like you to use Black & White plus One other colour on your creations.
After much thinking, I decided to go for a floral theme, having rummaged through my Polka Doodles stash for some inspiration (my mojo went into hiding due to another dreaded Vat Return!). I came across the black, white and green flower Stackies from the Back to Nature CD and that was that.
I chose to use just the black and white flowers and cut some out. To go with them, I chose some gorgeous green dotty paper from the new Paper Boutique CD Elegant Bag Collection which I felt went very well with the dotty flowers.
I stacked up my flowers on a scalloped oval mat cut using the Nestabilities Large Scalloped Oval Set and embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I added a further mat cut from some gorgeous glittery white funky foam which I found in my local craft shop (it's actually intended for children and is by Craft Planet so I guess I must be a big kid at heart lol).
I rounded the corners of my green backing paper and added a black border made using the Martha Stewart daisy edge punch and put a piece of white crochet lace across the centre to soften it. I stuck the floral panel on and finished off with a gingham bow, some green gems and a sentiment from the Heritage Collection of the Back to Nature CD.
If you haven't yet seen Nikky demonstrating on the TV, she will be on Create and Craft next Wednesday 31 March. Check out the Polka Doodles shop for full details. It really is worth having a look as Nikky does a really fabulous demo.
Also don't forget to take a look at the other Design Team gorgeous creations. There is a link list on my side bar.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Very striking Fliss. Lovely shade of green you chose.
I haven't had a VAT return to do but my mind has gone blank. Trying to get started on RSS but lacking any inspiration!

Fiona x

June said...

Loving this one Flissy, so crisp and bright and very springlike too
hugs June xxx

cheryl said...

wow hun this is a beauty so striking and so very effective love it hugs cheryl xxxx

Sally H said...

Beautiful Fliss! Very elegant x

Nettie said...

Really stunning card Fliss. These flowers really stand out.xx

Spyder said...

I do love these bright colours on this card. Thank you for having a go at the hop. The links have been a nightmare!! but fun..I had to put in an extra post so maybe my egg has been lost in 'older posts'...I might put in another link to it!! "This way to the EGG!!" or "Short cut to the egg!"
(Lyn)