Friday 11 November 2011

Vintage Gift Bag

I'm back with a second post to show you a quick make with supplies that are almost all recycled and the thinking about what to do took more than the actual making up so I think I'll be doing a few more of these for Christmas and all the December birthdays I have coming up.
There's a pic of the recycled items first and then you'll see the finished article.




As you can see I made use of one of those lovely paper bags that various clothing stores use for packing purchases and also of quite a few paper bags from craft shop purchases in the past that were much too pretty to throw away.
The main bag has a nature theme with Autumn shades and leaves so the design followed on from that. I tore off the bag front and added this to the paper carrier bag. I then stamped Hero Arts Old French Writing and a butterfly and postmark from the On Gossamer Wings stamp set by Non-Sequitur that I won from The Stamp Man back in January. I used VersaFine Vintage Sepia and stamped on the plain cream bag twice.
I tore out the little collages and added one to the bag and the other to a recycled clothing label. I also added corrugated card from a coffee cup holder to the tag.
I made a flower using various paper bag and the Nestabilities blossom die, fixing the layers together with an ornate metal brad and scrunching the layers. I finished off with some crochet lace.

I'm entering this in this week's Sugar Creek Hollow Trash to Vintage Treasure challenge and if you haven't yet entered you might want to pop over and check out the fabulous prize that some lucky entrant will be winning next month - it will be a fantastic Christmas present that's for sure! There's a pic on my side bar too.

Bye for now,
Fliss xx

12 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great makeover Fliss totally unrecognisable beautifully done !

Marie

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a great way to recycle a bag, I love it! Valerie

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic altered bag, love this idea, too.

Anonymous said...

Fliss
Absolutely stunning!!!
I am having a bit of a gift bag moment myself but nothing as amazing as your creation. Now this is definitely a gift all in itself.
Wishes
Lynne

Irene said...

Stunning recycling Fliss,a gorgeous bag.
Irene xx

Rona Gregory said...

Gorgeous Fliss. So regret throwing out stuff like this, but then there was only so much I could ship across the pond!

Great job! xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous recycling, its looks gorgeous now.
Yvonne x

Anonymous said...

Wow Fliss this is amazing, what a transformation !! I love how you did this one.
Have a fab weekend my friend
hugs June x

Sally H said...

Fabulous! What a great recycling idea!

Patti P. said...

Fliss, so beautiful! What a great use of so many products. You would never know that it began life as a regular store bag and then grew up to be a wonderful vintage gift bag. Whomever you give this to, won't be able to throw it away for sure. Thanks for entering another project for our challenge this week. Good luck in the candy.
Patti SCH/DT

Yvonne Garner said...

Thanks for the great idea! Have a great weekend.

cheryl said...

oh fliss hun this is just brilliant just love this to bits,hugs cherylxxx