Thursday 1 March 2012

Love And Life

Hello everyone, hope you're having a lovely week and have the gorgeous sunshine we have today, it really does feel like Spring is on the way at last.
My thoughts at the moment are with my lucky daughter Sarah who's currently in Cape Town with her friend Lucinda as they won a short internship with South African clothing company Woolworths with the fabulous designs they both did for a prospective fashion collection. It's apparently really hot over there so I'm wishing I could be there too!
I have a card to share today that I've made for the current challenge over at Sugar Creek Hollow which is to use the photo of your choice and make a vintage, prim or shabby chic style project. My card came about when trawling through my photo collection and finding one my daughter took last year at a friend's wedding. As 2 more of her friends are getting hitched this year, I decided on a wedding one.


There's actually only one bit of stamping on here unusually for me as most of the detail comes from embossing as I didn't want to distract the eye from the gorgeous vintage postcard I found in my Graphics Fairy collection. It had a space on just perfect for the Penny Black sentiment which I stamped with Vintage Sepia VersaFine ink. I inked the edges with brown after trimming the postcard with rounded edges.
I covered the card with a piece of ivory card embossed on one side with a Papermania rose pattern folder. I added a cream panel embossed with a Papermania floral folder and swiped with Galaxy Gold Brilliance ink.
I added a little cream crochet lace just below the centre then added a hyacinth blue mat trimmed with a corner rounder and a rose corner punch. I added some Laura Ashley ribbon across the centre and then stuck the postcard on top. A butterfly finishes off the card.

Here's my inspiration photo which is some flowers from one of the reception tables.


I'll be back tomorrow with details of the new challenge over at Polka Doodles and I think you'll like this particular one!
Hugs, Fliss xx

8 comments:

Terry said...

Such a wonderful experience for your daughter. Working hard does have rewards! Your Spring card is gorgeous and such a breath of fresh air! The photo of the flowers is beautiful! Enjoy the sunshine!

Jacqueline said...

Your daughter is so lucky to have such a great experience.
Your card is lovely - as is the photo - Jacqueline xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous vintage card Fliss. How great your daughter is having such a wonderful experience. Shame you couldn't share it with her.
Enjoy the end of the week.
hugs {brenda xox

cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun,really great experience for your daughter,pity you cant go with her hun,as for your card Hun is is just so very beautiful hugs Cherylx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card Fliss, and hope your daughter continues to enjoy your time in SA! Valerie

Patti P. said...

Fliss, love your inspiration and what a beautiful vintage postcard. The happy couple will want to keep this one for sure!!
My husband has been to Capetown and loved it, we hope to return together soon.
Thanks for sharing again this week with Sugar Creek Hollow, we love seeing your beautiful work.
Patti SCH/DT

Daniele said...

what a wonderful card Fliss, love the image and inspirational pic, so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs

Payne Holler Cards said...

so lovely - always a pleasure poppin in to see your creations (-:
beautiful creation with your inspiration ...thanks for joining us so faithfully at Sugar Creek Hollow...