Monday 5 March 2012

Spring Flowers

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend and are ready to face another week. Being Monday, we have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday and being the first one of the month, it's also the start of a new theme - Spring and this weeks challenge is a creation with Spring Flowers.
For my card, there was one stamp that I just had to use, my much loved Hero Arts tulip and here's what I did with it. You might need your sunglasses too as it's quite bright lol


The card gave me the chance to use up some of the handmade paper from my stash as I have rather a lot and it's a case of use it or lose it! This particular one is a beautiful shade of spring green and is embossed with roses so is perfect for a spring card.
I also used up some of the scraps from my experimental box, trimming them with a Martha Stewart border punch and layering them up. The striped one was made by repeat stamping a Hero Arts stripe stamp with several shades of Distress ink. The floral and the leaf papers were simply lightly inked with Distress inks and stamped with Hero Arts images in the same colours.
I stamped the tulip 3 times with Olympia Green VersaFine ink and coloured first by lightly sponging with Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Barn Door Distress inks. I then added detail with Prisma pencils. I cut them out and added them to a die cut mat with inked edges. I added a further mat of yellow handmade paper die cut with a further Papermania die and embossed at the top and base with the gorgeous flourish border from Tim Holtz Texture Fades spring set.
I assembled the card as you see, adding a bow to finish. There's no sentiment yet as I like to have a few cards I can fit for several occasions which I think this one does.

I'd also like to say a big thanks here to Sugar Creek Hollow as I've just found out that I won last weeks challenge and also the same to C.R.A.F.T. as I won a prize in their challenge too!

Challenges for my card:
Gingerloft - Spring
The Paper Players - Spring Has Sprung
Paper Creations Ink - Spring Is In The Air
Crafty Catz - Punches and Dies

Thanks for looking and have a good week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

24 comments:

Victoria said...

I love the colours of the tulips. Stunning!

cheryl said...

oh Fliss Hun this is stunning such a gorgeous flower with beautiful detail hugs Cherylx

Netty said...

Loving those beautiful tulips, x

Ruth said...

I love your colourful tulips. A beautiful card, Ruth

Deborah said...

Fliss, it's gorgeous! I cannot wait for tulip time. Apart from it being my favourite flower, yesterday it tried to snow and today there's a biting north wind. I'm sitting here with a hot water bottle on my lap!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful spring card in great colors.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful, bright tulips and congrats on your successes! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

The perfect Spring colours.
It is nice to think that Spring will be on its way.
Wishes
Lynne

KristyLee said...

What a well done and beautiful Spring card! Thank you for playing w/ us at Paper Creations Ink.
Looking fwd to seeing more of your work!
Peace,
Kristy
(PCI DT)

Daniele said...

what a stunning card, love the vibrant colours
hugs

lainey said...

Two can play at that game Fliss!! loving your tulips :) lainey x

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous card Fliss the tulips are beautifully coloured:)
Val x

Marjo said...

Very pretty, love the embossing and yummy papers! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Creations Ink.

I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

Xoxo Marjo

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - these really look like authentic tulips - you ink work on them was fabulous. Thanks for sharing this pretty card with us at the Gingerloft Challenge.

Mynn xx said...

Fliss, this is just amazing! I am in LOVE with the way you colored the tulips! And the little bow and all the dry embossing are fabulous! :)

Suzi B said...

Fabulous tulips Fliss love the colours!
suzi b xx

Jacqueline said...

Stunning colours on this Fliss - gorgeous tulips too - Jacqueline xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Fliss, what a beautiful spring card i just adore this pretty card.

Marie

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Fliss
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx DT

Val said...

Hi Fliss - these are fabulous - amazing colouring, and a real bright pop of spring.
Hugs
Valxx

Alyna said...

hi
nice use of pattern papers. the tulips are very pretty.
thanx for joining us at gingerloft challenges :)
hugs
Alyna

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE this!

Julia said...

What a beautiful spring creation! Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink. Hugs, Julia

Anonymous said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that you have a wonderful week!