I didn't realise there was a challenge over at Magenta until fellow team mate at FSC, Ellie got chosen for the DT, lucky thing!
I've made a card using one of the cling sets and challenged myself to try and make it work in a different way. Happily, my new Marianne Design die set arrived the other day and inspiration struck!
I die cut the shape first from some cream parchment card and then masked off the areas of the stamp which wouldn't fit in the central oval, inked up with Archival coffee then removed the masking tape and stamped the image at an angle on the die cut shape.
I coloured the image with watercolour pencils, pencils and inks and then inked the embossed edges of the frame with pink, lilac and brown ink.
I then made a background paper by rubbing Antique Linen, Old Paper, Tattered Rose and a touch of Shabby Shutters Distress ink on card cut to the size of my card blank, then stamped the square floral design from the set round the edges with Memories creamy coffee chalk ink. When dry, I rubbed more Tattered Rose DI over the floral section.
I then stamped more floral squares and the main image panel with the Archival coffee ink and coloured the flowers and some of the leaf sprigs on the main image with watercolour pencils. I cut these out.
I assembled my card as you see, adding some vintage torn music score inked with Antique linen and vintage Photo DIs, the cut out flowers with pearl centres and the cut out leaf sprigs on the oval panel to make some areas pop.
I finished off with some of the text from the sentiment in the set cut out and inking before adding.
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed thinking outside the box a little here and hope you like the result.