Monday 24 November 2014

Black and White With A Hint Of Red

Hello folks and hope you had a good weekend. I had a bit of a difficult time on Friday as I managed to end up totally contact lens less after a complete disaster first thing when trying to put them in! I can't really explain what happened - it was just extreme clumsiness after a week of sleeping badly.

As I'm blind as a bat without I had to phone in to work and say I couldn't go in (owing to the fact that even if I'd got there I'd have to work with my face 6 inches from the computer screen :)

Needless to say, I had a horrible day as I couldn't see to do much at all. I did see the optician on Saturday and she's rescued me with some permanent soft lenses until my new gas permeables get fitted. This was just a well as we had booked to see The Imitation Game that evening and I was able to go. If you haven't seen it, I can highly recommend it although I might be slightly biased as I adore Benedict Cumberbatch - such an amazing actor!!!

Anyhow, enough waffle and on to the reason for today's post which is to let you know that we have a new challenge today over at Make My Monday chosen by the lovely Suzi B who has picked Black and White with a Hint of Red.


Quite clean and simple for me although that could just be the abundance of white!
I stamped the cute penguin by Stampendous with Archival Jet Black ink and coloured his scarf with a red Aquamarker. I then trimmed the image to a panel and added a red mat.
I dry embossed the card blank itself with a Darice snowflake flourish folder. I then stamped the sentiment (Lindsay Mason) with the black ink, adding a red mat as before.
I assembled the card as you see, adding 2 glittery trees die cut with a Crafters Companion Die'sire tree die set.

Have a great day and a lovely week.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

Some challenges I'd like to enter:
Come and Get It - Winter
Allsorts Challenge - No Designer Papers Allowed
Fantasy Stampers Challenge - Cute Christmas
Animal Friends Challenge - It's Cold
Card and Scrap Challenge - Chistmas Card or Box
Christmas Cards All Year Round - No Patterned Paper
Dies R Us Challenge - Christmas
Scribbles Designs Challenge - Penguin Paradise
The East Wind Challenge - Baby It's Cold Outside

24 comments:

brenda said...

Sounds like a tedious couple of days Fliss, hope things have now improved.

A different card for you but it's very stylish and elegant.

B x

brenda said...

And then I forgot to thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, sorry about the lenses, things like that are a nightmare! Hugs, Valerie

Jacqueline said...

Sorry to hear about your lens difficulties - your card making hasn't suffered though this one is gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Joan said...

Oh dear Fliss, you are having a time of it, glad you got sorted out eventually. Love your card and I really like that sentiment!

Joan

Darlene said...

Simply adorable Fliss!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Bunny said...

Nice coloring and embossing. Cute penguin. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Anonymous said...

He is such a cheery chap .... makes me smile!
Fliss, I can relate because I am extremely short sighted. I wear gas permeable although I do have glasses as back-up when not wearing lenses. It is only when someone is extremely short sighted that they appreciate what it feels like not to have lenses/glasses, it can be a frightening world. Glad you got replacements to tide you over.
Wishes
Lynne

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, fab design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Kuni said...

What a wonderful card.
Thanks for joing us at the Animal Friends challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Bodil said...

Så fint julekort.
Tusen takk for ditt bidrag til Card and Scrap.

Dreja said...

Ganz toll! Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Sue - said...

Super card Fliss. What a nightmare with your lenses! I always had my glasses as a standby when I wore lenses.

Julie B said...

Love the embossed background and that penguin is just too cute.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

N-Eva said...

Your card makes me smile....loving this cute image. Such a sweet project .Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Barb said...

What a charming card, love how you've done your window and placement. Thanks for joining us at the Come And Get It challenge blog. Barb

Marina said...

Really cute penguin - the colour combo is perfect for this and I love your embossing and die cuts.

Joan said...

Love this card!!! The embossing, die cut trees and the penguin all go together so beautifully!!

Anonymous said...

Ein richtig hübsches Werk hast Du da gezaubert.
Hab ganz lieben Dank fürs mitmachen bei Animal Friends
Liebe Grüße
Vanessa

My name is Cindy said...

Love everything about this! Cute image, gorgeous embossing, and just enough embellishment - bbbbbrilliant!Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers this fortnight. Cindy (DT)

JayBe said...

Love your cute Christmas card, Fliss - the pop of red compliments the CAS design brilliantly. So good to see you at Fantasy Stampers, hun - thanx for sharing and good luck.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Cazro said...

Hi Fliss, Long time , no see. I'm loving your gorgeous card. It has such class. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Challenges. Happy Christmas. Caz

Sandy S said...

Super sweet card! Love the red accenting...

Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs - hope you join us again... Good Luck!

Sandy S
(Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)