Hello again, I'm back as promised with the details of our new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog which for the next fortnight has a theme close to my heart, VINTAGE.
Here's my inspiration which I hope you like.
Carabelle Studio Cling Stamp - Un Ange a Aimer
Crafty Individuals Flourish Stamp - CI-173
Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Embossing Folder -Floribunda
Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel - Aged Bronze
Archival Coffee Ink
Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Fired Brick
Smooth Stamping Card
X Cut Nesting Dies - Ovals - Large, Doorplate - Large
1. Make the background paper. Cut a piece of stamping card to fit your card blank - mine is 8x8 because the angel is quite a tall stamp (almost 15cm including the wings). Ink up with Antique Linen and Tattered Rose DIs.
2. Use the flourish stamp and embossing ink to stamp a design in each corner of the inked paper and heat emboss with the Frantage enamel. Add the brown inks around the edges and on the embossed corners.
3. Stamp the flourish design over the paper with Tattered Rose and VIntage Photio without using an acrylic block. Do this repeatedly until you're happy with the effect which will be shabby chic like vintage wallpaper.
4. Stamp the angel and wings on stamping card with the Archival ink and colour with the Distress inks and Aquamarkers as desired. Cut the images out.
5. Dry emboss a panel of stamping card and one of kraft card with the embossing folder. Ink the stamping card panel with the pink and brown DIs. Inks a doily with the Vintage Photo.
6. Stamp the sentiment with the coffee ink and die cut with the smallest oval die. Die cut the second smallest doorplate from a scrap of card and stamp and heat emboss the flourish design with the aged bronze Frantage. Ink with the pink and brown DIs and glue on the sentiment oval.
7. Distress the edges of the background paper before gluing to the card and then glue on the remaining elements as shown.
Don't forget that the prize for entering is a £20 voucher for the online shop though please chack the rules first. Good luck!
Have a great weekend,