Friday 10 February 2017

I Heart You! Challenge at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog which for the next fortnight has the seasonably romantic theme of I Heart You! and we would like to see your creations with hearts on.
I've made a Valentine card which I hope you like.


I made a background paper with several shades of Distress inks - Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Old Paper, Worn Lipstick - which I applied straight from the inkpad, pressing lightly to transfer the inks to a piece of mixed media paper.
I then stamped on the heart from the Carabelle Studio Le Coeur et l'oiseau stamp set with Weathered Wood Distress ink. I inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink and glued the paper to a kraft card blank.
I stamped the heart on mixed media paper with VersaFine Satin Red ink and the wings with Archival Cobalt ink. I cut the images out and gave the heart shape a double mat of dark red and blue card to make it pop. I added this to the card with the wings using foam tape for added dimension.
I finished off with some Tim Holtz stickers from the Small Talk Occasions sticker book.

Do enter if you can as the prize for the randomly drawn winner is a voucher for the online shop and we have lots of CHA goodies due in!

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Fliss xx

3 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Absolutely adore this one Fliss, really striking card and that winged heart is soooo cute!
hugs
Donna xx

Amanda said...

Lovely Fliss, great background for your flying heart.
Love
Amanda x

Nikki Acton said...

Beautiful design - wonderful depth in the background yet subtle... just fab xx