Sunday 26 July 2009

My Vintage Heart



This is my entry for the Sunday Challenge on UK Stampers the theme of which is V for Vintage.

I made my own tag in an arch shape from textured card and scribbled on gold leaf with a Krylon pen. I painted over the top with several layers of watercolour paint and removed the excess with a baby wipe. I stamped the tag with some of the squares from a Magenta cling set with Memories art print brown ink.

I made a heart template and cut out a thin card heart. I covered it with pressed pansies and trimmed off the excess when the glue dried.

I stamped the Elusive Images Gibson Girl in VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink and coloured her with Prismacolor pencils. I cut her out and glued on a pressed daisy.

I stamped the words with the VersaFine ink and Hero Arts letter stamps. I inked the cut out words with Tea Dye Distress ink. I assembled the tag using some Laura Ashley Love Song Harmony sticky ribbon and a butterfly cut from an old illustration book.

I added a copper brass stamping at the top and some wire as a hanger.

Fliss x

1 comment:

Sid said...

Gorgeous tag you have crafted. The use of real pressed flowers is fantastic and the whole thing looks very 'Vintage' indeed !