Friday 11 June 2010

Polka Doodles Challenge - Nursery Rhymes

It's Friday again so it's Polka Doodles time and this week the challenge has been set by Nettie who is looking forward to a very happy event and her chosen theme is Nursery Rhymes.
I chose to base my card on Mary, Mary Quite Contrary as my 2 girls really loved this particular one when they were little.
I picked Polly from the Sugar Birdies CD as my image as I think she looks a bit cheeky and naughty which is how I imagine Mary.
I've used one of the lovely shaped elements from the Back To Nature CD to make the card blank itself. I printed it out, cut it out and glued it to a folded card so that the shaped top remained scalloped.
The toadstools and butterflies are from the All Around & Everywhere CD and the flowers from the Paper Boutique CD, the Floral Bouquet collection.
As you can see, all the CDs work very well together, giving you even more projects to make if you have more than one CD.
You have until 12 noon on Sunday 20 June to upload your creations and please remember the rule that you can only combine your entry with 9 other challenges, making 10 in total. We get entries every week that we have to disqualify because they're entered in too many challenges which is a real shame.

8 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is so beautiful just love the image,detail colurs one awesome,creation,hun love hugs cheryl xxxx

Tracy said...

Love your choice of nursery rhyme, great creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Nettie said...

These images just pop out of the card Fliss. Very Mary, Mary!!

Fiona said...

This is brilliant Fliss. Love the scalloped card base. Will text you tomorrow, still expecting to be there p.m.

Fiona x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Fabulous card Fliss, I lurve it.

Luv Dee xxx

brenda said...

Hi Fliss

I seem to have missed so much on peoples blogs lately, Mr B really does not like me these days, he does not even tell me when some peeps post and I'm having to trawl the hard way.

A great DT card this week.

B x

Claire Phillips said...

Great card Fliss and I love Mary Mary as well! Cheers Claire x

June said...

Fab card Fliss and a lot of fun too. I could never imagine making anything this elaborate
hugs June xxx