Friday 24 September 2010

Polka Doodles Challenge - Hidden Element

Morning all, it's Friday yet again so it must be Polka Doodles time and this week's challenge has been set by teamie Claire who would like to see a hidden element in your creation.
I have to admit that I cheated slightly with mine, still being printerless and had to make my card from scraps left over from my samples for Nikky's fab new CD, Sundae of Seasons.
I made a simple gate fold card which reveals a pretty inside when opened up.
I made a floral wreath from the gorgeous flowers and leaves in the Autumn scetion of the CD and I just love the beautiful colours here (probably because I'm an Autumn girl myself lol)
I added some of the pretty papers to the front of the gatefold, cutting part out with an oval cutter to show off the wreath better.
I covered the inside with some more pretty paper and added a greeting from the large slection together with a pretty basket of flowers which match the flowers on the wreath.
How easy is that!
You have until 12 noon on Sunday 3 October to upload your creations and please don't forget our 10 challenge rule as we often have to discount the most beautiful creations because of this.

I also have some news which I forgot to tell you about in that on Monday I found out that I won last week's challenge over at Craft Your Passion and am now the proud owner of 2 lovely digital stamps from Lauretta and Corinne. Thanks ladies!

6 comments:

Fiona said...

How pretty Fliss and clever of you to come up with this just from leftover scraps. Well done on your win.

brenda said...

Another stunner Fliss.

Not to myself, have I fogotten to do a post this monting ? Hmm, I think so.

B x

brenda said...

Even a note to myself !

Tracy said...

Gorgeous Fliss, with wonderful colours too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Claire Phillips said...

Great project Fliss, I love your composition....nothing worse than when your printer is playing up! Cheers Claire x

Vintage Milly said...

Ooh, it is very pretty Fliss, very creative out of scraps, I forgot how lovely gate fold cards are, I am going to have to have a go with one this week,
Em.x