Thursday 23 December 2010

How To Make 50 Cards In One Day

Hello everyone and yes, that title is right as this is what I did just over a week ago having got rather behind on my cards to go in the post. As I didn't want it to cost a fortune posting them, they had to be fairly flat so here's what I came up with using the "kiss" principle - my hubby calls this keep it simple stupid but I think keep it simple and stylish fits better here!
First of all, you need a pack of 50 12.5cm square cards with envelopes which I bought at Tescos for £5 and then you need a variety of papers, stamps, scraps and flat embellishments plus any other things you need to use up.
Here are some of the card designs:

Papers by Polka Doodles, stamp by Hero Arts, greeting stamp by Papermania.


Bird stamp by Funstamps, holly by Art Impressions, paper by Basic Grey.


Deer stamp by Penny Black, papers by Polka Doodles, scallop border by Craftime.


Deer stamp by Little Claire Designs, colouring Promarkers, papers by Polka Doodles.


Paper by Polka Doodles, felt dove and ribbon by Papermania.


Deer stamp as before, paper by Polka Doodles.


Paper and angel digital image by Polka doodles.


Paper by Polka Doodles, felt dove as before.


Deer stamp as before, paper by Polka Doodles.


Deer stamp as before, paper by Polka Doodles.


 Paper by Polka Doodles, felt dove as before.

As you can see it's quite simple to make cards in bulk with a variety of designs as long as you keep it simple in design.
It wasn't simple to do this post though as my computer threw a wobbly in the middle and I'm finishing this off half way up the stairs as it's the only place I can get an internet connection - technology!!!!!!

Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas and the hope that 2011 will bring you all that you hope for.

Fliss xx

6 comments:

Miria said...

Wow, Fliss... great tips and fab quick cards! Thank you for sharing! Happy Christmas! Miria

Sally H said...

These are excellent! 50 cards in one day is very good going. I think 15 is the best I managed! Have a really wonderful Christmas and I hope Santa brings you lots of crafting goodies! Big hogs, love Sally x

cheryl said...

wow hun good for you I could never have done,that bless you for your card hun,which came today just loved it happy xmas to you and your family,and all the best for 2011,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Netty said...

Well as the man on Strictly come Dancing said AMAAAZING.........that is some going Fliss. They all look great. Happy Christmas and have a Joyful New Year. Hugs Annette x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

WOW Fliss - 50 cards in a day - You're the Christmas Card Queen!! They are fabulous!!
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas, and a very happy 2011.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxthat work!

Claire Phillips said...

Fab cards Fliss - and thanks so much for mine.....I have resorted to New Years cards and I am still making them! Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2011 - I can feel it's going to be a great one! Cheers Claire x