Monday 20 June 2011

Make My Monday Tag Challenge

Good morning everyone on a rather wet and soggy Monday and hope you all had a good weekend.  It's time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday and continuing with the June theme of Flowers, Jacqueline would like to see a tag. This could either be a tag on a creation or just a tag as the DT have done both.

I took the theme literally and made a tag in my favourite arch shape with an oriental theme.


As you can see, I've gone for quite bold colours. I started off by sponging the tag with Mustard Seed Distress ink and then stamped on some blocks using home made fun foam stamps and Barn Door and Dried Marigold DIs.
All the images came from a Habico Chinese Flowers clear stamp set and I stamped on a floral block and some Chinese script with VersaFine Majestic Blue ink. I then stamped a flower spray with the same ink on cream card and coloured it with Promarkers. I then sponged on some inks. I notched the corners and added the panel to mats of black and gold card.
I made some faux ribbon with strips of cream card which I stamped with the script then rubbed with olive ink. I added this to the tag twisted through a Chinese coin and finished off with another coin at the top.

You have until 12 midnight on Sunday 25 June to enter and good luck!

My tag is for the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp And Show - Some Metal
Creative Inspirations Paint - Bright Colours
Gingerloft - Asian Inspiration
Pile It On - Show Me Some Metal

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

18 comments:

Fiona said...

Great oriental theme Fliss and love the coin embellishments. Fab warm colours too.

Brenda Brown said...

Great tag Fliss. You have chosen fabulous colours and all the elements and design together make it very visually interesting. Love it.
Not so wet at the moment here, lots of cloud but quite bright.
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Netty said...

Beautiful tag Fliss, such great colours. Annette x

Nikki Byrne said...

Beautifil tag, thank you for joining the gingerloft this week. Nikki DT

Anonymous said...

Clever arch my friend love the oriental theme and the beautiful authentic colour. Hope you are having a fab week
hugs June xxxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag Fliss, love the form and colours. From one fallen woman to another, glad you are feeling less pain! Valerie

Cazro said...

Love it all, fabulous oriental colours. Caz

Sarah said...

Love the colors and oriental theme. Also love the paper ribbon. Thanks for joining us at CI Paint. Hope you will join us again. Hugs, Sarah

Sally H said...

Wow, Fliss! That is stunning! I love it

Lori said...

Beautiful tag, I love the colors and design! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

brenda said...

Just popped in to have a little nose what you have been up to Fliss and say thanks so much for your visits, I so appreciate them even if I can't gad about blogland as much I would like.

B x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Fliss what a beauty, great tag and super cool shape.

Marie

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Bold and bright...I think it's a beauty!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful! And I love the shape.

Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp!

-Liz

Cath said...

Love the colours and the shape of this tag.

Cathx

Unknown said...

Lovely Tag, Hun! Thank You for joining us at Gingerloft!
Hugs Kobie - Gingerloft DT

Unknown said...

beautiful tag, love the colors!!! thanks for joining PIO!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely Fliss! I love the colours you've used like exotic silks and your embellishments are fab too. Vx