Monday 22 August 2011

Fairy Bunting

Hello again everyone, I'm back with another post today as I've finally finished what has definitely been a labour of love as my creation has been in the making for nearly 2 weeks and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed making it.
It's another piece of wall art and this time it's in the form of bunting. I had to take the photos on the table as I haven't yet decided where it will hang.






All of the stamps I've used are Crafty individuals as I have quite a collection of them and those used are as follows:
Fairies - CI-137 and CI-132
Birds - CI-248
Flowers - CI-206
Butterflies - CI-231
Backgrounds - CI-173, CI-253 and CI-258

The bunting is made with recycled grey board which I painted with bright shades of acrylic paint. I then stamped on the flourish background with toning shades of Palette ink.
I stamped all of the images, flowers and butterflies together with a lovely leaf which was free with an order (thanks to Jean and Malcolm for their generosity) in black on white card and coloured them with Prisma pencils with the exception of the leaves which were sponged with Peeled Paint Distress ink. I then cut everything out.
I stamped the floral and the text backgrounds on more white card and inked with various shades of Distress inks. I then cut them into heart shapes with a template I made.
I assembled everything as you see with foam tape for added dimension having first rounded out various pieces with a large embossing ball tool.
Some very pretty braid finished off the top edges.

I'm entering my creation in the following challenges:
Crafty Individuals August Challenge - Bright and Beautiful
Sir Stampalot August Challenge - Whatever You Fancy
Scrappin' Chics Challenge - Pennants/Banners
The Stamp Man Challenge - Anything Goes with Summer Colours

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, you really have been busy! Hugs, Valerie

cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant hun you can see how much you loved doing this,stunning detail hun hugs cherylxxxxx

Cazro said...

Wow! I can see where the time went. Awesome piece of work. Caz

Jean Hardy said...

A beautiful piece of work Fliss - hope you find a great spot to hang it soon, and enjoy. Thanks for entering the CI Challenge. Jean

pinky said...

So gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Terry said...

Your wall hanging is stunning! I can see why it would take two weeks to finish!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow, this is fabulous Fliss - I love bunting, there's something very pleasing and "happy" about it - maybe because it reminds me of holidays, street parties and celebrations! Love the stamped images and the glorious colours - a true work of art.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Esther said...

Goodness what a lot of work..it's gorgeous Fliss! Esther xx

brenda said...

What a delightful creation Fliss, so different and very imaginative.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work and joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Sally H said...

Wow, Fliss! What an amazing creation! Very summery colours and such fab images. Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Sam & Poppy said...

Brilliant Fliss, bright and beautiful it definitely is. I'm sure I've seen your pic in Craft Stamper! I'm off to check now. Thanks for your lovely comment and visiting my blog. Have a great day. Sam :o)

Francesca said...

Beautiful Creation

Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss. All your time and hard work have paid off. Fabulous bunting and so beautifully made.
Regards Florence x

Brenda Brown said...

This is divine Fliss - what a brilliant idea and I just love the vintage feel to it. Great job and well worth the effort and time.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Fliss,
This is total perfection!!!
XO
Cindy

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Just beautiful Fliss! Its certainly a work of art that you will treasure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss
Beautiful banners and great use of the CI stamps.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. I will become a Follower of your Blog so I can keep up to date with all your creations :)

Tracy said...

Fabulous Entry Fliss, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous x It also fits Try it on tuesday :0) Thanks for playing along at The stamp man challenge

Claire Phillips said...

Great bunting Fliss - love it. I have had in my mind to make some as I keep seeing lovely bunting in the shops...but yours inspires me even more to get my act in gear! Cheers Claire x