Saturday 28 January 2012

Time To Fly

Hello everyone, hoping that you're all having a good weekend so far. Also welcome on board to a few new followers, lovely to see you all and will try and pop over very soon to say hello.
This is a very quick post as we had unexpected visitors this afternoon and my crafting time was cut short as a result.
I have a card to show you that is for my return to creating for the Sunday Stamper challenge which is celebrating its 4th birthday this week. Many congratulations to Hels and a big thanks for her continued inspiration. This week's theme is Eyes and I guess my entry just about qualifies - I did try and do something else but couldn't make the image stamp properly (I'm suffering from a night out last night lol) so I hope this is OK.


The background paper here was made using Vaseline resist technique with a Tim Holtz flourish stamp and Distress inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick.
The image is by Lost Coast Designs and I stamped the panel on Judikins Krome Coat card. I decided not to add colour as I wanted impact.
I finished off with a flower coloured with Promarkers and added a brass stamping flower in the centre.

Hels has generously offered candy for her followers and challenge entrants so if you'd like the details hop on over. There's also a pic on my side bar if you scroll down a little.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs, Fliss xx

17 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

This is really stunning. Lee x

Fiona said...

Thanks for your comment Fliss. I love the background you've created here, I didn't know you could use Vasso for a resist technique. I've got an eye stamp so I might have a bash at this one later.

Anonymous said...

Stunning!!!
The stamp is amazing but it is the colour you backed her onto and the design at the side.
WOW.
Wishes
Lynne

Hels Sheridan said...

ooh gorgeousness Fliss... thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper... happy crafting!! x

Brenda Brown said...

Superb Fliss. I echo Lynne's comments, just gorgeous.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece Fliss! Hugs, Valerie

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

this is really cute, lovely!

Anonymous said...

this card is lovely!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How fantastic, the background colors are my cup of tea and the image looks wonderful.

Meggymay said...

Great card, the image is fantastic left in black and white, it realy stands out from the background.
Yvonne x

Ink Art Designs said...

Wow, Stunning!!!
Dot x

Daniele said...

what a gorgeous card Fliss
hugs

Joan said...

Beautiful card, love the contrast with the colours and black and white, I have that stamp and find it very hard to get a good image,yours is perfect.

Sally H said...

Gorgeous card, Fliss! I love it!

Cazro said...

Simply stunning. I haven't had a go with the Vaseline yet! Your colours work beatuifully. Have a lovely weekend. Caz

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours you've used and I'm going to have to look that technique up! Hugs Karen x

Mrs.B said...

Love this card Fliss (just bought this image but its still uninked).
Great background technique.
Avril xx