Friday 13 April 2012

Pretty In Pink

Good morning folks, I'm hoping that this scheduled post has popped up as we're off on a few days break at the moment.
It's time for a new challenge over at Polka Doodles and this weeks theme is Pretty In Pink chosen by teamie Daniele so prepare for a lot of sweet creations from the Design Team and of course, me!


I chose to use elements all from the new Sugarplum Daisy CD as I love the pretty rosebud paper that I used for my backing paper here. I tore the edges for a shabby chic look and inked them with pink ink before attaching to the card blank.
I printed the sweet image and a single rose on to watercolour paper then coloured them with a mix of watercolour pencils and Prisma pencils. I added some glitter to the wings. I cut both out then added the image to a die cut oval of white card embossed with the Cuttlebug roses folder. I set this on a mat of pink polka dot paper.
I added a polka dot lace border cut out with a Marianne Design lace die and added this with some white cotton crochet lace.
I finished off with a sentiment from the CD cut out with a Marianne Design tag die, inking the edges and decorating with pearls. The final touch was a pink dotty bow.

You have until 12 noon on Sunday 22 April to enter and good luck!

Challenges for my card:
Card Makin' Mamas - Getting Girly
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Pearls and Lace
Totally Papercrafts - Things With Wings
Paper Play -  Things With Wings


See you when I get back.
Fliss xx

14 comments:

Ephemera said...

Beautiful, I love your pretty in Pink creation, that backing paper is gorgeous. Hoping your having a fabby break. xx

brenda said...

How pretty Fliss and what a great colour palette.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Very pretty Fliss, lovely papers and colours! Hugs, Valerie

Netty said...

Loving your pretty in pink card Fliss. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Brenda Brown said...

So pretty Fliss. Hope you are getting a good break, you deserve it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Claire Phillips said...

Very pretty card Fliss - am loving the white crocheted lace! Cheers Claire x

Doreen said...

such a beautiful card Fliss, love this CD. The images and papers are gorgeous
Have a great weekend
hugs
Doreen xx

Val said...

How pretty this is. Hope you are having a fab break.

I'm off this coming Friday to Wales - really looking forward to it.

Hugs
Valxx

happyscrapper said...

Gorgeous. This is simply rocks. thanks for joining us at CCCC, and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at CCCC

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous little creation. Love the girlyness.
Hugs
Desire

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

A Fab card hun, love the image,stunning..
Thanks for joining us at Paperplay,
Hugz
Kenzi :-) xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely girlie card.

Sue said...

Hi Fliss
a fabulous card, lovely image & colouring, pretty papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x

Victoria said...

A lovely card thank you so much for joining us on totally papercrafts this week x