Monday 17 December 2012

Christmas Bingo

Good morning everyone, don't know about you but I'm still behind on the Christmas preparations as I've got quite a lot of work and house and family stuff to do as well and I shall be so glad to get it all out of the way. A bit bah humbug I know but it seems to get more stressful the older I get!!!
As it's Monday, we have the last December challenge for you over at Make My Monday as we're taking a break after this until 7th January. We're continuing with the Pot Pourri theme chosen by Caz and this week we're playing Christmas Bingo.
I have a slight confession here as my card below was made in rather a rush due to silly me not having realised it was supposed to be a Christmas card until I went to upload my non festive card yesterday afternoon. A rummage in my bits box produced enough bits to make the card which I hope you like.


I picked the Words, Lace and Distressing line and tore the edges of my background paper which I made earlier (very Blue Peter here lol) using a Papermania text stamp applied with an inked baby wipe and then sponged with Tattered Rose Distress ink.
The sweet image (Holly's Christmas by Stamp It) was stamped with Archival black and coloured with a mix of Promarkers and pencils then cut to a panel and matted on some green linen paper trimmed with deckle scissors.
I added some cream crochet lace over a border of red card trimmed with a Martha Stewart punch and finished off with a layered flower and punched holly.

Have a great week and a lovely Christmas.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Crafty Mess Challenge - Vintage Christmas
One Stop Craft Challenge - Distressed Christmas
Brown Sugar Challenge - Red, Green and Cream

8 comments:

Suzi B said...

Hi Fliss, Know how you feel about the stress of Christmas... hope things settle down and you can relax soon.
Well done to you managing to make this delightful card from your bits box!
Suzi B xx

Caroline said...

Fliss this is gorgeous love the design. Take care hun. Caroline xxx

brenda said...

I don't think any of us are ever 'ready' for Christmas Fliss, just like we never have enough food in stock either. We seem to forget the shops close for just one day.

Very pretty Christmas card and such a thoughtful pretty image.

So sorry I've not been by lately, been so under the weather but trying hard to play catch up.

B x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card with fab details.

Mynn xx said...

This is beautiful, Fliss! The coloring of your image is amazing! LOVE it! HUGS and happy holidays!!!

Julia S-W said...

Sorry I've been absent Fliss - my bugs don't want to leave me unfortunately!
This is a really pretty card and the image is perfect. Love the Blue Peter background too!
Merry Christmas and I bet you're not as far behind as I am - relax as you will get it all done - women multi task remember!
Juliaxx

Sandra Wright. said...

Such a sweet card,love the image.

Thank you for joining us at Craftymess.

Sandie x

hopejacare said...

Really lovely project Fliss.....popping by to wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a great 2013. Cheers Claire x