Sunday 2 June 2013

A Trio Of Tags

Hello everyone, hoping that you're all having a lovely weekend and are enjoying the warmer weather that has appeared here - I've actually managed to go out without a coat 2 days in a row for the first time this year!
I'm here today to tell you about the new challenge we have for you today over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges with the theme of Tag Time so I guess no explanation is necessary for this one. The only thing I will say is that we must see some stamping on your creation as we are a stamping challenge and I only mention it because we always get gorgeous makes we have to discount as there's no form of stamping on them.
My inspiration is a set of 3 tags that I made from some chipboard tags that I decorated up recently and hadn't got round to finishing them off. I've intended them to be an extra special something to add to a gift and they're all different but share the same design elements. I hope you like them.





As you can see all the colours are quite soft and all the backgrounds were created in a different way.

The blue tag background was created using acrylic paint resist as I painted the tag first with a rich creamy colour then clear embossed some flourishes from my favourite Viva Decor set and painted blue over the top. I then removed paint from the embossed areas with a baby wipe.
I stamped the gorgeous 50s lady by Flonzcraft with Memories Artprint Brown and coloured her with Promarkers then cut her out. I added a die cut and embossed panel to the tag then embellished with some pretty ribbon and pearls. I finished off with a toning layered flower.

The pink tag background was made by applying Tattered Rose Distress ink with an acrylic block then adding some splatters by smooshing on a small acrylic block inked up with Victorian Velvet. I stamped on a large corner flourish (Viva Decor) with Archival Coffee ink.
I stamped the Gibson Girl by Flonzcraft with the Artprint Brown ink, coloured her with Promarkers then die cut her into a circle. I added some lace and braid to the tag then adhered the image panel with foam tape. I finished off with some pearls, a flower with a gem centre and a stamped and coloured butterfly.

The green tag background was made with a Chocolate Baroque background stamp which was clear embossed and then sponged with Bundled Sage Distress ink.
I stamped the lovers image by Flonzcraft with the Artprint Brown ink, coloured with Promarkers and trimmed around the top and left side of the image. I added this to the tag together with some braid, ribbon and pearls then embellished with roses and a German gold scrap butterfly.

The Fashionettes have created some fabulous inspiration for you so do hop over for a stroll down the catwalk.
Hope to see you there.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my tags:
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Passion For Promarkers - Ribbon, Lace or Twine
Deep Ocean Challenge - Ribbons and/or Laces

17 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A lovely set of pretty tags Fliss, these will come in so useful and will be a perfect addition to a gift.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Inkypinkycraft said...

really pretty tags, great makes, trace x hugs x

Miria said...

Hi, Fliss. I love your tags, they're adorable and I like how you used the images and papers.
Hugs, Miria xx

Ephemera said...

Stunning tags Fliss, real beauties and beautiful background effects. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

shayaankhan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rossella said...

Beautiful tags, Fliss,
Rosie x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tags! Valerie

brenda said...

They are all so different but equally lovely Fliss and it's impossible to choose a favourite.

Hope you have a good Sunday and get some sunshine.

B x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Three amazing tags.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful trio of tags Fliss ! The images are gorgeous and the colours really compliment them so well. Sue C x

Words and Pictures said...

They're so pretty, Fliss... lovely variations on a theme!
Alison x

Claire said...

Beautiful set of tags Fliss, really lovely, i couldn't choose a favourite. Hope you've had a good weekend
Claire xx

Sue said...

These are so beautiful Fliss. I love the images, gorgeous colours and wonderful backgrounds that you have created on each one
Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week
Sue xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Fliss...these tags are all so peaceful and delicate. A wonderful feeling that you get from them I think, very serene. I love the technique with the pink tag, I must give that a go! They really are gorgeous Fliss.
Dot x

Terry said...

Fliss, all three are just wonderful! The backgrounds and images are combined so beautifully! Love these! Hugs!

Delphine said...

Beautiful set, very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean and good luck! Delphine xx

Esther said...

Hi Fliss- just trying to do some catching up ! Your tags are gorgeous - love the backgrounds and pretty images..a beautiful trio..Esther xx