Monday 30 September 2013

Autumn Glory

Hello there, I'm back again today with a short post and my belated inspiration for the latest Fashionable Stamping Challenges theme chosen by Avril which is my absolute favourite colours being an Autumn born girl so I couldn't miss out on doing something with Autumn Colours.

Here's my card and I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it:


It came about after a little trawl through my bits and pieces box where I came across a piece of watercolour paper stamped with a Hero Arts flower using Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge and Aged Mahogany Distress inks. As it was cream, I sponged on Mustard Seed and Wild Honey DIs for a lovely warm glow.
I then embossed a panel of kraft card with a Darice Autumn leaves folder and swiped Versacolor Paprika over the raised areas. I added this to the paper panel then tied round some rusty gingham ribbon before sticking to the card.
I added some leaves which had been stamped by adding Distress re-inkers to a paper towel to make an ink pad. I cut these out to leave a narrow border and added them with foam tape for dimension.
I finished off with some text in a metal frame I've had for rather a long time! A Junkitz Tim Holtz set in antique copper.

See you again soon.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Come And Get It Challenges - Fall Colour Challenge
Dream Valley Challenges - Autumn
Pile It On - Leaves
Rogue Redhead Challenges - Autumn Colours

10 comments:

Rossella said...

Such gorgeous colours
Rosie x

Anonymous said...

How very pretty! Love your design and use of color! Thanks for playing with us at RRD!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card! Valerie

Deborah said...

Such lovely, rich colours, Fliss. I can tell you are an Autumn fan.

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the RRD Rebel Challenge.

Julie Temple said...

Very Pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at Come and Get It!

Julie

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Fliss. Such a beautiful richly coloured card! The tones are Autumn all over. Gorgeous stamps and a great design.
Dot x

MagsB said...

This is lovely, what gorgeous Autumnal colours! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Words and Pictures said...

I love autumnal makes - and this is a cracker! That leaf looks just gorgeous.
Alison x

Chris said...

very pretty, your card really captures the feeling of fall. thanks for playing with us at Pile it On.