Monday 9 June 2014

Red Sail At Sunset

Morning all and hope you all had a lovely warm weekend as we did here on the sunny South Coast. It was so lovely to have sunshine and get out in the fresh air for a while.
Today we have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday with a theme chosen by teamie Suzi B which as a certain day is fast looming is sure to be popular - For The Males In Your Life.
For my inspiration I've made my first proper attempt at a scenic card with a Stampscapes set with a nautical theme which I chose because the men in my family have a love of the sea.


I stamped the lighthouse first and masked it to stamp the cove image and then the yacht, stamping all the images with Archival Watering Can ink.
I added some colour with Aquamarkers and then used the sky textural stamp all over with Adirondack inks in Denim, Butterscotch and Cranberry. It really is a fabulous stamp for adding textured detail.
I simply added a navy and an orange mat before sticking all the layers to my card blank.

Have a great day and hope you can join us.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

I'd like to enter my card in the current challenge at Craft A Scene too as happily it's By The Sea - serendipity strikes!

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

A stunning masculine scene Fliss.

B x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

An awesome card Felicie!
greetings, Alie

Deborah said...

Wow, your card has such impact, Fliss! I love the impressionistic sky.

Marina said...

I can't believe it's your first proper attempt at scenic stamping - it's perfect and really skilled to get everything so well-proportioned and realistic.

Joan said...

Great card - I love the masking you did! The colors are just beautiful!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card, and so good for you're first attempt a scenes. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

Sue xx

Jacqueline said...

Stunning Fliss - a gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! The colours are very atmospheric. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!