Friday 31 October 2014

Some Like It Hot!

Hello again, I'm back with details of the new challenge today at That's Crafty which has the theme of Hot and Spicy which I interpreted as colours so I have a rather bright creation to share with you this time.


As you can see, I'm still on a bird theme here too having finally inked up some Carabelle Studio stamps which have been in my craft stash for a good couple of months.
My background paper is the result of quite a lot of layering and started out with the aplication of some Brusho Crystals to a piece of wet watercolour paper. This produced a splattered look but as the paper was very wet the powders disolved and spread about. I helped the process a little with a wide paint brush.
The next layer was some spritzing with some Cosmic Shimmer mica spray which added a little sparkle. I then stamped on a Deep Red background stamp with Barn Door Distress ink to add texture followed by random stamping with the triangular background stamp from the Carabelle set with Fired Brick.
I then stamped on the circular design from the Stampendous NK Studio Wired set with white and yellow acrylic paints. I stamped on the flowers, masking as I went until happy with the effect and then used a Dylusions stencils to add the leaves with Black Soot Distress ink, doodling with a fine black pen to join everything up.
I stamped the bird and sentiment together with some smaller flowers of the same design on some scraps from my gelli plate leftovers as the slightly lighter orange shade made a contrast with the chilli red background. I cut these out and glued them to the background paper after distressing the edges with an emery board. I then glued the paper to a card blank to finish.

I used:
Carabelle Studio Stamp Set - Femme et Oiseau
Stampendous NK Studio Stamp Set - Wired
Crafty Individuals Elements Stamp Set - Flower Heads
Dylusions Stencil - Lucious Leaves -
Brusho Crystals - Brilliant Red and Orange from the Starter Set
Archival Jet Black Ink
Distress Inks - Barn Door, Fired Brick, Black Soot
Cosmic Shimmer Mica Mist - Golden Fish
Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paints - Haystack, Nougat

If you're UK based it's great to enter for a fab prize of a £20 voucher to the online shop. Good luck!

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

3 comments:

Joan said...

Wow, certainly hot and spicy and just fabulous, love it!

Valerie-Jael said...

Great card! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

WOW
This is sensationally spicy with those hot colours and amazing stamping.
Wishes
Lynne