Monday 30 May 2016

Graduation At Make My Monday

Hello everyone, hope those of you in the UK are having a lovely long weekend and hopefully better weather than down here as it's extremely windy and the blue skies have disappeared too!
We have a new challenge today at Make My Monday chosen by Amy from the USA where I think lots of the students are graduating soon not like here where it happens later on it the year and she wants to see creations concerning GRADUATION.
I was a bit stumped by this one until I saw my Crazy Things stamp set had a mortar board and scroll so one of my fave Crazy Birds has come out to graduate for my card which I hope you like.


Doesn't he look cute in his graduation hat!

I made the background paper with the Finnabair Don't Foget to Fly stamp set using various different sized circles which I stamped all over a piece of cartridge paper cut to fir my blue card blank. I used Archival Watering Can ink for the stamping. I then scribbled on some colour with Prisma pencils and attached the paper to my card.

I stamped the bird twice on smooth white stamping card with Archival Jet Black ink and also stamped the mortar board and scroll with the same ink. I coloured one bird image with the Prisma pencils, using Zest-it to blend the colours. I coloured part of the second bird plus the hat and scroll in the same way. I then die cut all the images with the matching dies.

I die cut a circle of white card and added this to the covered card blank then used various foam pads and tape to attach the bird and give dimension. I finished off with text made with a Dymo and black tape.

Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday and see you soon.
Fliss xx

7 comments:

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Brilliant hun great image fab background too xxx

AO Creations said...

Love that bird, just too cute!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, love it! Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Same weather here Fliss, most disappointing for the holiday weekend, but I guess t be expected here in the UK.Love the background you have created, it makes the most effective backdrop to the fun bird.

B x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Fab card Fliss, love how versatile those crazy birds are ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Neet said...

I love the Crazy Birds and am busy making cards with them at the moment. What a lovely card you have made with yours.
Hugs, Neet xx

Joan said...

Fab card Fliss, love your background paper. Don't have anyone I know likely to be graduating soon but your crazy bird card is great