Monday 23 May 2011

Blossoming And A Little Reminder

Good afternoon everyone on a very windy day down in Sussex. There has been sunshine on and off though and no rain as yet.
Before I go on to the card I've made today, I have a gentle little reminder that we're about half way through the current challenge over at Lets Ink It Up and we'd really love to see some more entries as it appears that the current theme of Sentiment Only + 3D Flower has you all a bit stumped.
If you carry on to see my card below, you'll see it really isn't so difficult as I've made a much simpler card than my DT sample. As I love to make my own background papers, there are occasions when I simply can't bear to cover it up and this challenge is perfect for that as all I added was a lovely sentiment (this could be as simple as Happy Birthday) and a layered flower.


The background paper was made by simply layer stamping a Hero Arts flower I've had for years in Victorian Velvet, Wild Honey and Crushed Olive Distress inks on cream card.
I then made a central border with the same inks and a Hero Arts stripe stamp, layering as before. I added a mat to this of dusky pink card trimmed with a Martha Stewart border punch and inked the edges of the striped panel with a bronze glitter pen.
I made a layered flower by altering several fabric and paper flowers with Promarkers and fixing a gold button to the centre.
I finished off with a Penny Black sentiment stamped with Vintage Photo Distress ink and matted on a leftover scrap of the punched border.

My card is for the following challenges:
CCEE Stampers - Flowers
Fab 'n' Funky - Make Your Own Blooms

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card again,
Fliss, love the colours! Valerie

Netty said...

Smashing card again Fliss and a great design. Annette x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Fliss - the stamped background is fabulous, and shows off the flower perfectly. Love the colours and the friendship sentiment.

We have had rain and high winds today, with sunshine in-between the gales - the only thing missing is snow!!
Have a happy week - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliant Fliss, a lovely way to show the theme.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox