Friday 6 May 2011

Polka Doodles Challenge - Easel Card

Good morning everyone on a glorious sunny day after the grey skies we had most of yesterday. I'm hoping this post pops up too as I have an early hairdressing appointment and will be there at 9am when this is due to go live.
This week at Polka Doodles we have quite an easy challenge for you as D'Anne who's hosting her first challenge would like to see an easel style card. The theme is up to you.
I've chosen the new A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft for mine as I really love the CD and all those gorgeous kraft papers Nikky designed. If you caught Nikky on TV earlier this week, you will have seen the fabulous textures on the papers which look just stunning.


I've used one of the lovely Winnie images designed by Sharon Armstrong, in this case pre-coloured as I was short of time. I made the frame for the image using some leftover strips of one of the kraft papers which I trimmed by hand to a slightly curved shape and assembled on the background paper before sticking the image on. It just goes to show how useful some of those leftover bits can be as I used the final piece to make a mat for the sentiment.
I assembled the card as you see, adding one of the gorgeous sentiments, a butterfly and a layered flower. I used some toning rosebuds to make the easel stand.
You have until 12 noon on Sunday 15 May to enter and good luck!

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card Fliss, and hope you still recognice yourself when you come back from the hairdresser's! Have a lovely weekend, Valerie