Friday 12 April 2013

April Showers

Here I am again with details of the new challenge over at Polka Doodles which is to create something inspired by April Showers.
I immediately thought of the sweet image by Emma Canning called Rainy Days which you can buy on her own or as part of the new Digi Stamp Heaven CD which has loads of Emma's images and sentiments.
Here's my card:


I printed the image out on to thick, smooth cartridge paper and coloured her with a mix of Aquamarkers and pencils. I die cut the image to an oval, added faux stitching round the outside with a pokey tool and brown fine liner then inked round with a brown ink pad.
I covered the card with brown pinstripe paper and then added panels of blue paper with faux stitching added. I finished off with a die cut sentiment treated in the same way as the image panel and a paper flower with a faux button centre (Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD).

This is the last of my posts scheduled to pop up whilst I'm away and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Hugs, Fliss xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute card as always hun - I love the colours you've used and that sentiment is so sweet x x

Zue said...

Hi Flss
Cute card and very good for today.
We had showers and still got some washing dry.
Have a great weekend
Xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful, and one of my favourite colour combos

Words and Pictures said...

Such a sweet image, and framed deliciously by those geometric papers!
Alison x