Monday 29 April 2013

A Secret Garden Canvas

Hello folks, hoping that you all had a lovely weekend with some sunshine as we did - it really was sunny Sussex for once!
The only slight down point was that I had to take advantage of the weather to get my washing out of the way after months of having to stick it in the dryer.
Today we have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday and the theme this week is Anything But A Card so there are loads of things you could create - just take a look at the Design Team line up for some inspiration.
I decided to finish off a box canvas which I started a few weeks back but couldn't finish at the time as I couldn't make anything work. I hope you like the finally finished version and here it is.


I painted the canvas with aqua acrylic paint and then used a Prima stencil with red and gold paints to add a pattern round the outside. I then swiped gold paint around the edges.
I stamped the bird (Paper Artsy Hot Pick HP1005) with Black Soot Distress ink and embossed with clear powder and cut him out.
I added him to the canvas with a variety of paper flowers with pearls added to the centres. I then stamped the flourish from the set with Fired Brick Distress ink, stamping several times without re-inking and stamped the text on with Memories black ink. I trimmed this to a panel and added it to the canvas to finish off.

Have a great day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my canvas:
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - Things With Wings
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Shirley said...

Gorgeous canvas Fliss everything flows with perfection.

Hugs Shirley x x

Deborah said...

It's gorgeous, Fliss. I love that vibrant blue.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous little canvas! Valerie

JayBe said...

Love your 'Secret Garden' canvas, Fliss - love the blue background and the stamping frames the little birdie perfectly.
Hugz, Jan xx

Netty said...

loving your secret garden canvas Fliss, x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card in great colors.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Fabulous project. Thank you for sharing with us Eclectic girlies. Hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine aka Ellapu (Owner)

Chris said...

Love your canvas Fliss, it's such a pretty colour scheme and the flowers are gorgeous. Chris x

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful and smacks of spring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Brenda Brown said...

Such a sweet canvas Fliss with beautiful flowers.
Hugs Brenda xox

Sandra said...

Lovely canvas Fliss ,i love the colours you have chosen x

Andria said...

Wow this is stunning and such beautiful bright colours. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellpu this week. - Andria , EE, DT.

Suzi B said...

Hi Fliss, what a fabulous "bunch" of flowers on this fab canvas. Glad it worked out in the end :)
Suzi B xx

Rossella said...

Hi Fliss,
your canvas is lovely and uses one of my favourite stamp sets,
Rosie x

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely canvas - the bird is a fabulous image, and those flowers look fab!
Alison x

Jacqueline said...

Hi Fliss - this is gorgeous - beautiful colours too - Jacqueline xx

Terry said...

Very pretty, Fliss! Love the secret garden canvas and that birdie! Enjoy the day!

Lin said...

Oh my Fliss, what a fabulous little work of art. Some gorgeous detail!

Thank you for sharing with us

Lin xx
Dream Valley