Monday 3 November 2014

Vintage Style

Hello there, I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed some sunny weather as we had a really warm Saturday with 22 degrees on the 1st November! Apparently cold weather is on the way though but I actually don't mind as long as it's not wet!
Over at Make My Monday we have a new challenge today with a theme chosen by yours truly and one which is close to my heart too, you've guessed it - VINTAGE


 I've inked up what I think must be my favourite image, the lovely Le Brun by B Line Designs which I found out a few months ago is based on a self portrait by a French lady artist of the same name. Her art is truly beautiful and so inspirational. I stamped the image on smooth cartridge paper with Memories Creamy Coffee chalk ink and coloured her with Prisma pencils then trimmed around the image on 2 sides. I added her to a shaped kraft card panel.
I then made a background paper by inking smooth card with Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress inks applied with an ink applicator. I stamped on a Stacy Stamps lace background design with the coffee ink, not using an acrylic block for a vintage shabby effect. I then cut an aperture in the paper with an X Cut die and will be saving the panel to use on another project.


I then die cut a trellis from kraft card with a Cheery Lynn die and made a background panel to sit behind it with antique cream card embossed with an X Cut rose folder.
I assembled the card with the embossed panel and die cut trellis sitting behind the aperture and added the image panel on the side, decorating with pearls. The finishing touch is a German gold scrap butterfly that has been in my craft stash for quite a while.
I left off a sentiment for the moment as I like to have a few cards that can be made suitable for several occasions.

Have a great day and a lovely week.
Fliss xx

PS: There will be candy soon as today is my birthday and I want to thank everyone who has been so kind in my recent difficult times.

5 comments:

brenda said...

The vintage pinks and sepias make a great colour palette Fliss.

B x

Suzi B said...

Happy Birthday Fliss, have a great day... you deserve it.
Lovely card, thankyou for a lovely them .
Suzi B xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card Fliss, love the soft colours. Hugs, Valerie

Deborah said...

Such a lovely vintage style, Fliss. I can see why you like that stamp - gorgeous! BTW it's cold AND damp here :(

Anonymous said...

100% elegant!
A cold evening here. I have 2 hot water bottles in my bed! Actually 1.5 as one is a mini one LOL.
Keep Cozy.
Wishes
Lynne