Sunday 30 August 2009

Lady in Lilac Twist on Resist Card



Here's a card I've made using the paper from my step by step tutorial for my new Twist on Resist technique. I think it's always good to see what it actually looks like when used for a project.
I've combined the paper with another piece of easy to make background paper which is made by sponging cheap photo paper with Palette inks in Raw Sienna and Cognac. I then stamped some of the script stamps from a set by Time to Stamp in Cognac, Belle Rose and Lavender Sachet. All these colours were used on the resist paper, ensuring that all the colours will blend well.
I used another image from the Dezinaworld Painted Ladies collage sheet by dear June (there is a link to her shop on the side) and stuck this to pale pink hammered card and trimmed the edges with deckle scissors.
I stamped the flower from the Time to Stamp set on a pale pink hammered square card in Belle Rose ink. I added some lilac velvet ribbon, a pink flower and an antique gold brass stamping from Empire Beads to finish.

3 comments:

June said...

Hi Fliss, I just popped in to check emails and found your comment. What an amazing piece of work. I love the resist technique work and the colour combo absolutely stunning work. You art work is going from strength to strength and is so inspiring. I shall add this to the dezina gallery as soon as i am back after my break. ( the dezina posts are post dated while i am not around but glad i popped in )
Hugs June xxx

cheryl said...

this is amazing hun adore the image and the background is stunning great piece of work hugs cheryl xxxx

Sandra said...

Absolutly stunning Fliss love it
Sandra xx