Tuesday 26 October 2010

Star Quilt

Hello again, here's my second post which is my entry for Gingersnap Creations Blue Moon Challenge GCSP5 - Quilt Patterns.
This is one I absolutely had to do as I've done cards in the past based on quilt patterns and thought it time to do some more.
Here's my creation which is based on a star pattern:
I've used papers from the latest Polka Doodles CD, Sunday of Seasons, as there are lots of vintage/retro papers on there which are very like fabric patterns. I chose a striking colour combination of burgundy and teal with yellow as a contrast as I wanted a bold look to my card.
I scanned a pattern from my book, resized it in Photoshop and printed it out to make my pattern pieces. I then cut these out from the patterned papers.
I assembled the pieces on a pale blue hammered card blank and added a tarnished brass ornate button in the centre.
I shall be saving this for my sister in law's birthday in December as she loves sewing and I know she'll like these colours.
Thanks so much to the Gingersnap team too as I found out earlier today that my card for CG72, Neutrals Plus One colour challenge has been made a Ginger Gem.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Fabulous Fliss, just like the real thing.

brenda said...

A really clever piece of work Fliss, I rememebr one you did in black and white and was equally impressed with that.

B x

Vintage Milly said...

Oh its lovely Fliss, such a fab creative idea patchwork style cards, love this one,
Em.x

Sally H said...

Fliss this is wonderful! I love the patchwork style and the colours are so vibrant!

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing gosh you always come up with the most amazing detailed pieces hun hugs cheryl xxx

Claire Phillips said...

So perfect and so patchwork - the polkadoodles papers are ideal! Cheers Claire x

Ali Manning said...

This is gorgeous, Fliss- thanks for playing!