Tuesday 26 October 2010

Sunset Floral

Hello everyone, the first of 2 posts here from me as I've managed to finish off a couple of challenge cards.
The first is for The Play Date Cafe's PDCC52, can you believe it's their first anniversary this week - it only seems a very short time since the challenges started! It's Julie Ranae's turn this week and her inspiration is just gorgeous - it made me think of a rose bed in my last house where we had to do the garden from scratch and my roses were in sunset shades of pink, orange and yellow.
Here's my creation:

The pretty papers I've used here are from the Polka Doodles Sugar Birdies CD and are my favourite as I love the fleur de lys design.
I used a digital flower stamp specially for layering from the Polka Doodles Love and Cherish CD. I coloured the flowers with Promarkers and then inked them up with clear embossing ink and heat embossed them with crystal powder for some sparkle (this doesn't show up that well in the photo here and is better if you click on it for a closer view)
I put my layered flower on a mat cut using a Nestabilities scallop circle, embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile folder. I added a stamped greeting (Hero Arts C4633) coloured with Promarkers to finish.
Thanks for looking.
Fliss x

4 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, lovely flower blossom! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful Flower! Lovely papers pieced together. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card! I love the papers you've used, they are lovely! Thanks for joining in our anniversary celebrations over at the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love that your papers match perfectly!! Beautiful big flower too!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with our one year anniversary celebration over at the PDCC:)