Friday 22 April 2011

Blossom Time

Well, I'm back again with my second post for the day which is still very sunny and warm so I thought I'd show you this before setting off for a walk along the seafront.
The card is one of the samples from a class I taught on Monday and I decided to put it on here as it fits several challenges.



The class involved making cards with a cut away front around a stamped images with a further piece of the decorated paper added to the inside of the card.
For this one I stamped the bird cage from the new Papermania set in VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink a third of the way in from the right hand edge of a white 14.5cm square card blank.
I stamped the flowers from the Kanban Peacock set in Memento Lilac Posies and Bamboo Leaves around the card and on a strip of leftover white card. I sponged on Split Pea and Orchid VersaColor inks.
I then stamped a bird from the Papermania set in the sepia ink, coloured it with various Promarkers and cut it out. Serendipity then struck as whilst I was making the card, my younger daughter who was doing some baking interrupted me and I dropped the card blank on top of an open ink pad! Disaster was averted by cutting off the front part of the card, trimming down the side of the cage as intended and sticking the piece on a pink card blank. The other decorated strip was punched with a Martha Stewart border and stuck to the inside of the card blank.
I finished off with some tiny butterflies punched from inked paper and stamped a sentiment from the Papermania set on the cage.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday - Birds/Butterflies
Paper Pretties - Pink, Green and Neutral
Paper Shelter - Nature Inspired
Paper Play - Easter or Spring

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

17 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love the image but its a shame you didnt use a TPS one, thanks for joining us and good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

cheryl said...

oh love this hun adore,the colurs on this,just lush hun happy easter hugs cheryl xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this one, such lovely colours, too! Have a great Easter weekend! Valerie

Vintage Milly said...

Hi Fliss, your card is really beautiful, hope you have a great weekend, hugs,
Em.x

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oh what a beauty !
I love your card especially that beautiful bird & cage x
And it's all been done in my fav colour combo of pinks and greens - gorgeous x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Zue said...

What a beautiful card, Fliss. Very cheering. You are so lucky having the seafront to walk along. I miss the sea and here in Oxford, it has been baking hot. Oh,I do just fancy a dip in the sea...how refreshing.
sue xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Fliss - the colours blend together perfectly, and I love the way you've shaped the edge around the birdcage. Hope you're having a happy Easter. Hugs, Sylvia xx

Fiona said...

Stunning Fliss.

Chris said...

I love this card, it's just beautiful.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at TPS.....

Hugs
Judith

Claire Phillips said...

Fabulous stamping Fliss - funily I have just made a birdcage card(using a different image) I love your colours and details - gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Muckyfingers said...

Very pretty card :)
Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week
Annette xXx

Anonymous said...

This card is so sweet the papers are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week at Frosted Designs.

Hugs,
~ Kristin

Cheryl Valadez said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love how the inside of the card becomes part of the front layout. Lovely touch! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at The Paper Shelter! Hugz, Cheryl

Rose said...

Lovely card Fliss, gorgeous stamping and colours.

Rose xx

Eli said...

Absolutely perfect!
Great job!
Eli
http://scrap-colors.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, the paper is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our Easter / Spring challenge
hugs Mandy xx