Friday 8 April 2011

Polka Doodles Challenge - Sketch Theme

Good morning folks, don't know where the last week went as it's Friday again and my girls will both be home from uni for the Easter holidays this weekend.
It's time for another challenge at Polka Doodles and your hostess is Dee who's provided a lovely sketch to follow.
This isn't as hard as you might think as it can be twisted about a bit and if you need some inspiration, just pop over to the challenge blog to see quite a few takes on it.
Here's mine:



I've chosen to use an image together with papers and a border from the brand new CD, A Double Sprinkle of Kraft, which is the result of a collaboration between Nikky and Sharon Armstrong whose name you may recognise as a magazine contributor amongst other things.
I printed out the sweet image and coloured the little girl and butterfly with various Promarkers. I cut out a rectangular shape and added the image to a mat of plain pink paper.
I followed the sketch as you can see using one of the gorgeous kraft papers (I love this particular one for its vintage, chintzy look) and a striped paper for contrast. I used one of the pretty scalloped borders as well and then added a sentiment from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD to finish.

Challenges for my card:
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes + Something New
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes

You have until 12 noon on Sunday 17 April to enter and good luck!
Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Artyjen said...

You are a sweetie Fliss....thanks for your happy comments on my stamp set debut...especially as you are having problems with the old 'puter! ;)
xoxo Sioux

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card and sketch! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Sally H said...

That's such a sweet image Fliss and I lvoe your choice of papers too

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss, hope all is well with you my friend. I have missed such a lot since dad was ill, i am just having a little catch up tonight. Love this card and that girl is such a cutie.
Hugs June xxxxx

kitty said...

Lovely card x

Lisa said...

Awh, such a sweet card! Really pretty coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

mum of two said...

What a pretty card! I love the image you chose and you did a beautiful coloring job. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime!

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Vintage Milly said...

Such a sweet card,
have a great day,
Em.x