Monday 29 July 2013

Paper Piecing Nature

Good morning folks, I hope you've all had a good weekend and better than mine as I spent Saturday morning going back and forth to the opticians after a problem on Friday which looked like a scratch on my left contact lens (meaning I could only see out of one eye all day!) turned out to be a tear which when you know I have gas permeable rather than soft lenses is not good.
In its place I have a continuous wear lens which I have for the next few days until after my check up on Saturday. I've never had soft lenses and although I could get a daily one in, I couldn't get it out again!!!
Anyway, enough waffle and on to this weeks challenge over at Make My Monday which was chosen by me and is the theme of
Paper Piecing

I'm still into doing altered vintage book pages having picked up a rather interesting book in a charity shop when we went to Bournemouth which is all about village life through the seasons.


I tore the edges of the paper making it the size to fit my kraft card blank then sponged on gesso to soften the text but allow it to show through a little.
I then stamped on a leafy sprig from my favourite Hero Arts set with Crushed Olive and Forest Moss Distress inks, smudging a little round the base for a misty effect.
I stamped the large butterfly from the set on to more book page with Memories Art Print Brown ink for my paper pieced element and cut this out. I then sponged on a little Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade Distress ink to add contrast colour.
I assembled the card as you see, adding some die cut meadow type flowers by Marianne Design, cut from apricot card and sponged with Spiced Marmalade.

The team mates have risen to the challenge magnificently so do hop over to be inspired.
Have a great week.
Hugs,

Fliss  xx

Some challenges for my card:
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes
Time For Scrap - Walk In The Countryside
Crafts For Eternity Challenge - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Fiona said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Fliss, love the muted colours and the vintage look.

Suzi B said...

Just fabulous Fliss.... I love everything about it!
Suzi B xx

Aquarius said...

Love the way that your background text ties in with the nature theme. Very pretty card.

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous!! I love wild flower stamps and you have used them so well!! Love this with the butterfly as vocal point!!

Good luck with your lenses, what a nightmare... :(

Valerie-Jael said...

Very pretty card! Valerie
Sorry about the lens problems

Jacqueline said...

This is beautiful Fliss - your butterfly is stunning - Jacqueline xx

Netty said...

love your pretty card Fliss, Annette x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love the delicate stamping on the gesso'd book page... beautiful work, Fliss!
Alison x

JayBe said...

Sorry to hear about your lenses, hun - hope everything is resolved quickly.

I love the idea of altered book pages and your project is stunning! Gorgeous work and the butterfly makes a lovely focal point.

Hugz, Jan xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous colours and a gorgeous butterfly. Hope you get your lenses orated soon.
hugs {brenda} x0x

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Creative inspiration paints.
CI design team member
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Angeline Choo said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sister Act Card challenge

Angeline DT

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE this!

Rossella said...

Gorgeous, the book pages are fab
Rosie x

Unknown said...

Merci de ta participation pour le challenge de la semaine
Bises
Nathy DT/T4S

michele said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafts 4 Eternity. hugs x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and delicate.
Vintage book pages are one of my all time favourite stamping surfaces (along with fabric).
Also, your colours are so pretty.
Wishes
Lynne

Emily D. said...

This is so very pretty!! I adore butterflies! Thanks for joining us at CI Paints!