Thursday 22 November 2018

Winter Wonderland Part 2

Hello! A slightly late post with my midway inspiration for our November challenge over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog which has the theme of Winter Wonderland.
I've been really busy with the prepping for my father in law's return home which took place yesterday afternoon and for the after service lunch for my mother in law's funeral which is at the end of next week. The result has been very little free time so my blogging, Facebook and Instagram has had to take a back seat.
We've had dramas galore to deal with (including a ton of them today!) which I won't go into but suffice to say I shall be glad when we get to December!

I created a large tag as my inspiration piece using one of the shaped 7.5 inch greyboard tags as my starting point.


The background features a painted surface treated with crackle glaze and stamping around the edges with a crackle stamp which I heat embossed with silver embossing powder. It was then speckled with diluted white gesso for a snowy effect.

I heat embossed some greyboard snowflakes with weathered white embossing powder and painted a couple of greyboard deer with metallic multi surface paints. I glued these on with dimensional adhesive and finished off with stamped text (Tim Holtz Scribbled Trees set) stamped with Archival cobalt ink and cut up then edged with silver.

I hope you're all having a much better time than me and will be back as soon as I'm able to and have more time to spare.
Fliss xx

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, hugs, Valerie

Dorthe said...

Sorry to read you have so many troubles, and drama`s Fliss, so good you can sit down and create, taking the thoughts on vacation :-)
I love your tag , with its snowy weather!!
Hugs, Dorthe xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Love these elegant deer, and that fabulous vivid blue sky means the snowflakes really pop - lovely!
Alison x